Cards on the Table

Start from the beginning

Tiffany coughed, clapping Minho on the shoulder. "Come have a drink with us, Minho. We might not get another chance."

She practically dragged him away, and Jimin smiled gratefully at her. She and Minjeong took the chance to scarper, disappearing into the crowd.

"Sorry about that," she mumbled, staring at the floor.

"It's alright," she said, but it didn't sound alright. "Look, Jimin, we need to talk about-"

"Jimin! Minjeong!"

Lisa gave the barest sigh when she was interrupted again. This time it was a woman's voice cutting through the crowd, and Irene came sauntering up to them.

"Well, Jimin, this was definitely a surprise," she said with a smirk, her eyes flickering between Jimin and Minjeong. "I'm almost disappointed. I thought for a moment, I had a chance."

The last time Minjeong had been on the receiving end of Minju's flirting, she'd enjoyed it. Now, she just gave a polite smile, and looked uncomfortably down at her feet.

"Minju," Jimin said, the warning clear in her voice.

"Sorry," Minju said, and the act shifted, her features softening. "I'm really happy for both of you. Don't be strangers, you guys."

Then she disappeared into the crowd.

Jimim turned to Minjeong as soon as she was gone. "I'm sorry, she has the worst timing. We really, really need to-"

It was Jimin's turn to be interrupted, this time by a figure bounding up towards them, and she tensed as she realised it was Yuqi barrelling into them. She shrank back as her cousin grabbed her by the shoulders, just like Minjeong had with Minho.

"Jimin!" Yuqi said, "I'm glad I found you."

Jimin shot a confused look towards Minjeong. "Er, you are?" she said, her eyes flickering between Yuqi and minute, backing away from her. Minjeong was clutching her arm, staring at the floor, and Jimin desperately tried send her a telepathic apology.

"Yeah, look," Yuqi said, rolling her shoulders back and forth uncomfortably. "I need to apologise to you."

Jimin blinked. "Apologise?"

Yuqi shifted under Jimin's gaze. "Look, I've given you a lot of shit over the years for a lot of stuff," she began, "especially about stuff involving relationships. I know that's caused a few problems for you-" she glanced over at Minjeong- "and I know I took it too far. I think it was because there were a few things I personally haven't wanted to admit. Mostly stuff about myself, and other people."

"You're not making any sense."

Yuqi sighed, and took a look over her shoulder into the crowd behind her. "Hey, Miyeon!" she called. "Get over here."

"Like I said," Yuqi began again, as Mina bounded over. "There are things I haven't wanted to admit about myself."

Miyeon reached the group. "Hey," she said, her gaze on Yuqi. "You alright?"

"Yeah," Yuqi said, and broke out into a smile. "I'm alright."

Jimin watched the exchange, and looked down in astonishment as she saw Miyeon and Yuqi link their fingers together. Her eyes shot back up to her cousin's face. For a moment, the irritation at being interrupted melted away, and she simply gaped up at Yuqi, mouth dropping open.

"You-" she said, her voice stopping short as she broke out into a smile.

"I'm bisexual too," Yuqi said, running an uncomfortable hand through her hair. "Sorry I let it get to me."