"WELCOME TO TRAUMA CERTIFICATION." Owen opened the back doors of an ambulance that was filled with supplies. "You will work in teams of four. Each team will be responsible for nine casualties," he continued as Steve divided up the residents into teams using pieces of colored tape.

He pressed a strip of blue tape to Sage's trauma gown which caused her to look around to see who else was on her team. She saw Alex sporting a stripe of blue tape and grinned, knowing this would be fun. April was also put on team blue, as was Jackson.

"You may treat your patients using only what you can carry with your two hands from this ambulance," Owen continued. "The evac helicopter is on its way. You get your patients on the helicopter, you get certified. Are you ready?" They all nodded. "Then get to work."

All the residents immediately ran towards the ambulance with one goal in mind: get as many supplies as possible. Due to their size and speed, both Sage and April were able to make it in before most of the others, so when they got to their station, they had more supplies than most.

"This is going to be fun," April grinned at the brunette as she began examining the first dummy. Sage returned her smile and nodded in agreement.

This was way better than a normal skills lab.

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

      BLUE TEAM HAD lost two patients, but besides that, everything had been going well until it started pouring rain. Alex had found a red plastic trash bag to try and keep himself dry but the rest of them had no such luck.

She had no idea why, but for some reason, Sage was loving this particular skills lab. She was drenched and her hair was a mess, but she was having a great time. She always thought she was cut out for general or neuro, but trauma might be a good fit too.