⸻ fourteen

season 7, episode 7 - that's me trying

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

      SAGE HAD DESPISED skills labs for as long as she could remember. Sure, some of them taught her important skills, but the rest were pointless and boring. That being said, there was one constant positive that applied to all of them. Skills labs always meant an early lunch, which she was looking forward to.

Little did she know, there would be no time for lunch that day.

She was standing around a table in the lab with Meredith, April, Alex, and Jackson when Owen rushed in, a stack of bright yellow trauma gowns in his arms.

"Charter plane was forced into an emergency landing and collided with a greyhound bus," he announced, gaining the rooms full attention, "Mass-casualty situation. Do I need to say it again? Let's move!"

They didn't need to be told twice. The group of doctors all rushed to grab gowns and hastily tied them on before sprinting after Owen.

"Close to 30 victims in the field, some critical. Multiple blunt trauma injuries," he told them as they reached the trauma bay. He pushed the door open and Sage yelped, grabbing April's hand to stop herself from tripping over a bloody dummy. The confusion only lasted for a few moments before she realized what was going on.

Jackson sighed, "And I was really looking forward to an early lunch."

"Me too," Sage muttered, stepping over the dummies that were lying on the ground.

"This is gonna suck."

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅