⸻ eleven

season 6, episode 24 - death and all his friends

TRIGGER WARNING: sh00ting

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

      "YOU CAN DO THIS, RIGHT?" Meredith asked Cristina as she prepared to scrub in. "You're sure?"

"Every G.S.W.," Cristina began, letting out a shaky breath, "is different. Okay? It's not a blueprint. It's half instinct and half improv, and ... I'm very good. For a resident, I'm very good. You can't be in there," she said as Meredith made a move for the O.R. "I can't do this if you're in there staring at me with big, sad 'don't kill McDreamy' eyes, and neither can you." She pointed at Sage.

Sage opened her mouth to protest, but Cristina cut her off.

"You're a wreck and I know all you're thinking about is Alex, so you're staying out here," Cristina told her. Sage wanted to argue, but she knew Cristina was right. She was a mess, and there was no denying that.

The doors slid open and April walked out, informing the trio that the O.R. was ready.

"April..." Cristina turned her attention to the other girl. "Meredith and Sage are gonna sit here on the floor. I want you to stay with them. If either of them tries to enter my O.R. or even if one of them looks like they're gonna get up to take a peek, I want you to stop them, okay? I don't care how. You stop them."

"Ok." April nodded.

"He is my husband," Meredith said sternly.

"Do you want me to kill him? Okay? Is that what you want?" Cristina snapped, tears welling up in her eyes. Sage grabbed Meredith's hand, looking down at her shoes. Cristina stepped forward and cradled Meredith's face in her hands. "I will do my very best work. But please, Meredith, I am begging you, Sit down and wait."

Meredith looked like she wanted to protest, but she didn't, opting to sit down instead. She pulled Sage along with her, never letting go of her hand.

Derek might die on that table, and there was nothing either of them could do.

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅