Chapter 2: Best Friends Reunited

Jason was still reeling weeks later from when he spotted his best friend on tv.
He had been keeping an eye on when the next show that she was on had tickets for sale and he finally got a ticket and he scheduled for some time off during the weekend.

With everyday that went by, he became more nervous but also more excited to see Lucia for the first time since he left for college.

He would keep his mind occupied right up until the day arrived when he would be going to the show and then the very day finally came and Jason left his house and locked it up after getting his challenger out of the garage.

After locking his garage up, he got back into his car but before he started driving away, he took a deep breath.

Jason: (deep breath) this is it Jason, you're going to see your best friend for the first time since you left for college..... oh fucking hell, I've never been so nervous in my life.

Jason did his best to calm his nerves and then he started driving away from his house.

The whole drive to the arena, he kept thinking over and over in his head about how it might go when he sees Lucia for the first time since they were both teenagers.

He also kept thinking back to the day that they said goodbye to each other and what he would say to her if he'd be able to get a chance to talk to her which he was hoping to do.

Jason eventually arrived at the arena and he parked his challenger and he sat there looking up at the ceiling of his challenger.

Jason: she's in there, it's been too long since you last saw her... too fucking long.

Jason sat there for a few more minutes and then he managed to get out of his car and as he locked his car up, he got a text from Victor.

Victor: good luck dude, hope everything works out when you see her.

Jason: thanks mate, hopefully I'll be able to talk to her.

Victor: let me know how it goes, man.

Jason: will do. 👍

Jason put his phone in his pocket and he headed into the arena after putting his backstage pass on and then he headed to his seat in the front row and he sat down.

Jason was still a giant bag of nerves as the show started, he knew that Lucia was going to be on the show in a match tonight and his right knee was bouncing up and down and the first thing on the show was an in ring promo from Cody Rhodes who talked about what happened last week between him and Solo Sikoa who had interfered in a match that Cody had the previous week and Cody challenged him to a match later on in the show.
As Cody left the ring, he was greeting some of the fans and Jason managed to shake his hand as he passed by and then Cody made his way backstage.

The show went by smoothly and Jason was enjoying the show but then as the show passed the halfway point, came the moment that Jason had been waiting for a very long time had finally arrived when a certain theme song started to play.

Jason's eyes widened when he saw whose theme song it was when they emerged from behind the curtains... it was Lucia.

He didn't hear Lucia's theme song when he saw her on tv weeks ago but he now knows that it's her.

Lucia: there she is.

Jason watched as Lucia made her way down the entrance ramp and the smile on his face couldn't be bigger, he was so proud of his best friend.