Chapter 1: Astonishment

Jason was at the auto shop that he co-owns with his friend that he was college roommates with called Victor, and they were talking as they were working on a couple of cars that had come in for some maintenance.

Victor

Victor: so how's things now man ? I hear that you're getting a new bike ?

Jason: yeah, it'll be ready soon enough.

Victor: what was it again ?

Jason: it's a 2024 Ducati Panigale V4R.

Victor: oh shit so that's brand new, what colour ?

Jason: red.

Victor: I've heard that those bikes are fuckin' fast as hell too.

Jason: yeah, I've seen videos on YouTube about how quick their 0-60 is.

Victor: aside from your car, you seem to have a soft spot for Italian cars and bikes.

Jason: that's true.

Victor: how come ?

Jason: well you remember any of the times I've told you about my best friend ?

Victor: Lucia ?

Jason: yeah, her and her family are originally a place in Italy called Palermo last I remember, last I checked she was training to be a professional wrestler, she might have been an influence in terms of that.

Victor: where do you think she is ?

Jason: if I know her as well as i know I do, id say she's probably in the WWE, she'd always talk about it whenever we would hang out.

Victor: you always talk about her as if she means the world to you dude.

Jason: she does, she was there for me when my dad died, she never left my side even when we were in school, she would always be by my side.

Victor: was this the same girl that you were prom king with.

Jason: yeah, she was prom queen and I was prom king and at one pint during prom, we had a talk in the hallway and promised one way or another, we would always be in each other's thoughts.

Victor decided to tease him.

Victor: aww, isn't that sweet... you soft bastard ! (Laughs).

Jason: (laughs) fuck you !

Jason wiped his hands with a rag and then threw it right at Victor as they both laughed.

Victor: but seriously though, if you guys ever end up reuniting, don't let her go, keep her in your life as much as you can.

Jason: (sigh) that's if I ever see her again, she'll be travelling the world living her life.

Victor: hey mate, you never know.