30. Moments

Arjun seethed with anger as he pushed his hands in his pockets and followed Sahil.
Sahil walked out royally, raking his fingers in his hair to set them. He did not realize that it was already a long time since he was in jail.
The time flew by as a lot had happened in the outside world.
He had no idea about Veena and Arjun had annulled the marriage. And he was unaware of Arjun being married to the love of his life. Sitting in the dark corner of the jail, he had wondered about thee fate of Richa and Geet. He did not know if his parents would approve of this, but now that he was out, he wanted to put forth his demands.

Since his father had finally come over to get him bailed out, there was a high possibility that they would accept Richa and Geet both. But, if they did not, then he was ready to put a demand of his share in the property.

Sahil's suddenly narrowed his eyes and halted in his tracks. He turned around and walked back to Arjun who was seething in anger. Arjun looked at him with clenched jaw and narrowed eyes as he noticed Sahil was glaring at his Henna clad hands.

Sahil harshly pulled Arjun's left hand and looked at his hand with questionable gaze. A shy smile broke up on Arjun's lips and jerked his hand away.

"Yesterday was the big day. My parents wanted it old fashioned."
He did not elaborate and left Sahil to think that it was Veena who he had married.
He ignored the blood boiling in Sahil's eyes and walked away. Sahil lost his temper and ability to think straight he picked up a paper weight on the nearby table and before anyone could stop him he aimed it at Arjun. Arjun happened to duck down to save himself from the damage, but the paper weight hit the window and the glass came crashing down.
Arjun looked at the now broken window with horror filled eyes and then back at Sahil who was about to lunge at him.
The entire commotion happened within a matter of few seconds and the constables present there, who witnessed entire scenario caught hold of Sahil who was screaming in rage as he struggled to be left. All the time he screamed that he wanted to kill Arjun, while Arjun stood there by the wall with horror written all over his face.

One mean punch from the on-duty officer, made Sahil realize that he was still in the custody.
He ignored the officer and looked at Arjun within his heavy breathing.

"Throw him out, before I file anymore charges against him." The officer roared, when the lawyer decided to come to Sahil's rescue and intervened.  He apologized on Sahil's behalf, saying that Arjun must have instigated him.

The officer stared down at the lawyer.
"We saw what happened. He was talking calmly all the time. It is your client who initiated violence. One more word from him, and I will put you too in the same cell as him, for supporting violence in my police station. Now pay the charges for the broken window, broken paper weight and broken chairs."

Lawyer's jaw dropped to the floor.
"Me?"

The officer clenched his jaw and looked at the constables who were still holding Sahil down.
"Put him back. I am filing charges against him for violence against on duty officers."

"No. No, please. I am ready to pay." The lawyer immediately agreed and after an annoyed look to Sahil, walked away to do the bidding.

Sahil was pushed harshly by the constables and he stumbled on the floor. He gave a death glare to Arjun who appeared shocked and was still standing by the window quietly.

He clipped his lips in a thin line and narrowed his eyes as his forehead creased with annoyance when Sahil walked away to the car that the lawyer pointed out.

Sahil knew, now that he was out, he could take care of Arjun in a better way.
He was aware that his parents might be furious with him and that was the reason they did not show up at the police station.
A cool breeze hit his face as he entered the air-conditioned car. How he missed the air-conditioner in the dingy cell of the jail. He was pleased to see an ice-box resting on the back seat.
He opened the lid of the icebox and was delighted to see small packed bottles of chilled water and a few bottles of beer. He picked up a bottle of water and unscrewed the cap and gulped down the cold liquid. The bottle was wet from outside since it was kept in ice and had the droplets dripping down. The beer after a long time was so tempting that he could not hold himself from taking a few large sips. He looked at another bottle and thought that it was enough until he reached home.
By the time the car stopped at his doorstep, he had downed two bottles of water and two bottles of beer.