CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

Mirah didn't know how to go about this. She had no information on Atlas other than his name. Did not know how to contact him... She decided to keep the card on her just in case she had the misfortune of bumping into him again.

After a few days off work, Mirah decided to return. She was not going to hide. She had nothing to hide... She didn't do a single thing wrong. Harold put her in this predicament the day he told her to deliver the letter to Atlas... She shook her head recalling how afraid she had been the minute she walked into the house.

Work was a good distraction, even though Mirah continued to look over her shoulder, she wanted to see who was following her, who was keeping tabs on her. It was like finding a needle in a haystack. Almost impossible to spot out the culprit.

After a month, Mirah came to the conclusion that Atlas was done with her. She had his credit card yes but did nothing with it. She kept it on her just to be on the safe side. She was pretty sure he had already cancelled it.

Life was okay once she stopped being so afraid. She was okay, nothing to fear. Atlas would have to know that she would never be so stupid to fuck him up... Again, she did not have a death wish.

Thinking back at how badly she had once wanted to have Atlas' attention made her cringe now. Now she would give anything to be invisible when he was around. Like really bad news... His entire crew were bad news.

She finished off her shift late on the Saturday night and returned home. Mirah was tired and just ready to call it a night.

Next day and she was ready to go out. No work tonight, it was time to unwind a little. She met up with a few of her friends at another nightclub. One not so full on like at the club where she worked.

She dressed for the night happy to be able to feel somewhat alive. She put everything in the back of her head and was ready to just enjoy herself.

Heather and Joanne were already at the bar with their boyfriends. Mirah felt like a loser, the fact that she didn't have a special somebody. She just went there solo. A little depressing yes, but she might be able to find somebody worth her time tonight.

After a few drinks or a few too many drinks Mirah was ready to find any potential men... She was being asked to dance and she accepted. She just danced the night away.

Still, nobody was remotely interesting enough for her to take too seriously. She left the dancefloor and headed to the bar to grab herself another drink. For some reason she looked up and over to the VIP section and to her shock found Atlas there with his men... And of course very pretty girls.

He was following her! That was not on! She did not have to take that shit. So in her drunk induced mind she walked over to the VIP section and looked at the bouncer who stood there not allowing anybody in.

"Do you have a pass?" He asked her. She frowned at the big man.

"I do." She lied.

"Okay, where is it?"

"Where is what?"

"Your pass?"

"For? I didn't sit an exam..." She said before bursting out into laughter. He shook his head at her and told her to return to the main area of the club. "I can't. I have to talk to that guy up there... The hot one. The one who is all but fucking that chick..." She said pointing at Atlas.

"I can't allow you in there without a pass."

"Oh my god! Atlas!" She yelled out now. He couldn't hear her. Okay... So she improvised. She grabbed her drink and hurled it at his head. She almost got him too. It was funny. The bouncer grabbed her arms and held them behind her back. Fuck! "Ouch dude! Ouch man... Let go..." She whined as she tried to get out of his hold.