Chapter 3: The Memverse

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. Anyone who goes through Grayscaling will slowly start to lose their will in actual reality too." Marina replied.

"That means, if we end up affected by the Grayscaling..." Rouge said, slowly realizing.

"Then our will to stop Mephiles will be lost as well!" Shadow said, a bit worried.

"Wait, Mephiles? You destroyed him." Marina said.

"Hate to break it to you, 'Rina. But he's back." Pearl broke the news about Mephiles. "Shadow told me and Eight about it when they first arrived."

Marina was in complete shock.

"What?! He's back?!" Marina said, extremely worried.

"I'm afraid so. Guess this means if we want to save our reality, we have to save this one too." Shadow said.

"Well... Order's only just getting started. It plans to keep pulling people into the Memverse." Marina said. "If we don't stop it, people all over the world will lose their wills. Life as we know it will be over! And Mobius would be destroyed soon after."

"Yo, that sounds BAD. Not on our watch, Order!" Pearl said, furiously.

"Again, I'm REALLY sorry. This is all my fault..." Marina said, worried.

"Nope! Nah! I know you had good reasons for making the Memverse." Pearl said, to help Marina keep her confidence. "If that creep Order hijacked your work...it's gonna be sorry it ever tried! We're all gonna kick that loser out together!"

"Aw, Pearlie! You say the coolest things." Marina blushed, with a sweet smile.

"Guess it's back to the Spire to take Order down." Shadow said.

"Affirmative." Omega said.

"Let's get this show on the road!" Pearl said. "Hup!"

Pearl transformed back into her drone form.

"Niiice. Don't worry, guys-I got your back." Pearl assured.

Shadow, Rouge, Omega, and Eight all walked back to the entrance of the tower.

"Hey, guys, do you have a sec?" Marina asked.

The heroes went over to Marina who has her laptop in hand.

"I've been running some scans. Somehow Order jacked up the threat level in the Spire as high as it'll go." Marina said.

"Why's it gotta go and do that? And what does it mean for us?" Pearl said, irritated.

"Well, for one thing, the Spire's suddenly taller. But that's not the worst part." Marina explained. "Run out of lives even once, and you'll get kicked out of the Spire. And that'll probably happen, since enemies hurt more."

"That means if we run out of lives, we have to start over?" Eight asked.

"Pretty much, Eight." Shadow responded.

"OK, yeah. I'm seeing some challenges here." Pearl said.

"That said...I built the Memverse to begin with. I don't have to take this sitting down." Marina said. "Now that I'm outside the Spire, I can hack the system, overwrite the changes, and lower the difficulty!"

"Whoa, you can do all that?! Glad to have you back on OUR side!" Pearl said.

"Thing is, I'll need Prlz to get any hacking done." Marina said. "But you should have some Prlz already, I think."

"What?" Agent 8 said, confused.

Shadow and Eight noticed that they now have fifty Prlz in their possession now.