"Thanks for the hug, Dallas, I appreciate it, I should go back in now though." I said, smiling at him.

"Alright, I'll follow you in." He said, and we both started walking to the entrance. I walked down the hallway to Scott's office and knocked on the door. 

"Now, I know I said I didn't want any fraternization while on working hours, but I think you need this right now." Scott said as soon as he saw me. His office wasn't lined in glass, so when Jamie came around the corner I couldn't help but dropping to my knees and crying even more, just the thought of saying goodbye to him to be that far away for so long was hurting more than anything. 

"Hey, it's okay, come here." Jamie said, lifting me up from my underarms and wrapping his arms around me tightly. "Come on, let's go to your office and talk." He said. I nodded with my head against his chest, I knew I was going to get black mascara stains on his white collared shirt, and honestly probably some snot too, but I didn't care, I knew he didn't either. We walked over to my office and I broke down again. 

"I don't want to say goodbye." I got out, with heaving breaths in between each word. 

"What do you mean?" He asked, pulling me away from his chest. He lifted his hand and wiped the tears from my cheeks. 

"School. It's in person again next semester. I have to leave." I somehow got out. 

"Oh, baby, we'll figure it out. It'll work out, it always does." He whispered, lightly setting my head back on his chest. He kissed the top of my head and started gently stroking my hair.

"I don't want to leave. I don't want to leave you, or my job." I said. His touch was helping me calm down, the tears started easing up, and my breath was slowing down.

"I know. We're going to do everything we can to make sure you don't need to." Jamie said. "Come here, come sit down." He dragged me over to my desk chair, pulling up the cushioned stool I had in the corner and setting it in front of me, sitting down on it. He grabbed my hands in his and started playing with my fingers, softly drawing shapes on the back of my hand with his finger. 

"What if I still need to. I can't imagine they're going to make an exception for one student out of thousands across the college." I said. His eyes were locked with mine, I could see the sadness in his eyes, but I couldn't tell if he was just being empathetic or if he was scared we were going to have to say goodbye too. 

"They might. Especially considering the situation. Bob's talking to them right now, pretty girl. I'm sure it'll all work out. And if it doesn't with Humber then we'll transfer you to a school here, and they'll have to deal with it." I nodded. My throat was dry, my eyes were dry, my skin felt tight. Everything felt wrong. I had a pit in my stomach.

This was the end. I could feel it.

"It's going to be okay." Jamie said, leaning over and kissing my forehead, love radiating off of him. All I wanted to do was accept it and give it back to him, but I could barely even say anything. I got to start living my dream, with the love of my life, and it was about to be ripped away from me. 

It felt like hours had gone by, Jamie left to get ready for the game after 40 minutes, he tried to stay but I wouldn't let him. It wasn't worth it. 

"Skyler? How are you doing?" Scott asked, coming into my office. I was staring blankly at the wall, I hadn't moved since Jamie left, I couldn't. Even though I really had to pee. 

"Okay." I replied.

"Do you want to take the night off?" Scott asked. "Go sit in the seats with the girls? I can handle tonight alone if you need." I shook my head.