Jimin scowled. "No loyalty. No loyalty at all."

"He's always liked me better," Minjeong said, with a grin. "Anyway, I was going to ask, are you okay?"

"Hmm?" Jimin blinked at her. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know. I just woke up and you weren't there. Didn't know where you'd gone," she said. Her focus was still on the dog, her fingers trailing through his fur.

"I'm fine," she mumbled. "I was just awake. Thought I'd take Jax out."

"Well, if you're sure," Minjeong said, hopping to her feet, "I am going back to bed. It is way too early. See you at breakfast."

"Bye."

Jimin couldn't help but smile as she watched Minjeong retreat into the house, blanket still around her shoulders. When she realised what she was doing, she turned back to Jax, her head slumping into hands.

"I really am in too deep," she groaned.

This really, really had to stop.

**

Minjeong was holding a long white wedding drape in her hands.

Their second week had dawned, wedding preparations were fully underway, and Jimin and Minjeong had been swept under a tidal wave of duties and responsibilities.

"I hate to ask," Tiffany would say before sending them out on another errand, "but this really needs to get done, and you two are the only ones free. I don't want to interrupt your holiday, but-"

"We'll do it," Jimin always said, quickly, in the interest of keeping herself busy so that she could give herself a distraction from a relentless problem in the form of a hopeless crush that was only becoming worse, and worse, and worse.

Minjeong had no inkling of Jimin's real reasons they were keepings so busy, but it suited her itchy feet and her need to help just well, and soon enough she was running around errand after errand, carrying boxes, buying decorations, helping to track down favours and flowers and everything else under the sun. Their errands had led them to the barn where Jimin's parents were going to hold the reception, and Jimin was watching as Minjeong teetered precariously on a stepladder, balancing on one foot as she attempted to hang the drapes over the rafters.

Jimin watched her, her teeth worrying against the bottom of her lip. "Don't fall," she called up at her, rather unhelpfully.

"I'm not going to fall," Minjeong said through gritted teeth. Her voice was muffled, her mouth filled with pins. She took one out and reached as high as she could to stick the long sheath of white silk in place. She wobbled, and for a moment it really did look like she was going to fall, but she steadied herself before she could.

Jimin readied herself beneath the step-ladder, trying to give the illusion that she'd be ready to catch her if she did fall, even though she knew that if she tried, they'd both end up on the floor. She made a few more grunts, busying herself with pinning the slippery fabric in a new spot, her arms stretching out to a new spot, rising higher on her tip-toes.

"Be careful," Jimin said. Minjeong didn't even dignify her with a response.

Minjeong had been a little off with her all day. Maybe it was all the running around doing jobs for her mother that had her frustrated, or maybe she was just tired, either way, she'd been a little more curt than unusual with her. She resolved to make sure she took a break after this, no matter what her mom wanted them to do next.

"Well, well, this looks like busy work."

It was a familiar voice, and one that set Jimin's skin on edge. She turned, and sure enough, there was Mr. Yang, leaning casually against one of the barn doors, a twisted grin across his face and a nasty glint in his eye. Jimin plastered on a fake smile.