4

Kitsune's POV:

Kitsune sat in the living room with Tohru, Kyo, Shigure, and Yuki. She was reading a book quietly to herself. "Grandpa called. He said the renovations are wrapping up" Tohru said. 

"They worked surprisingly fast" Shigure said. "The exterior walls aren't done, but most of the work's complete, so it's ready to live it. Granpa said that I could come back and he even said Kitsune can come sleepover the first day I come back so I can settle in just fine so.....Uh. Oh no! I forgot. I haven't started cooking!" Tohru said as she stood up. 

"We can scrounge something up" Shigure said. "I'll be fine. I already have all the ingredients I need. Would you like to help me Kitsune?" Tohru asked me as I looked at her still trying to process that she was leaving. 

"Yes, I'd love to help you Tohru" I said closing my book and placing it on the table.

As I followed Tohru into the Kitchen and we started on dinner what Tohru said next through me off.

"Hey Kitsune. What does that pang feeling in your chest mean?" 

Confused I stopped chopping the veggies and turned to look at her giving her my full undivided attention. "What do you mean Tohru? What happened before you felt this pang?" I asked intrigued. 

"Well I felt it after Kagura called herself Kyo's future wife" Tohru said still smiling.

'She's starting to like him' I thought. I shouldn't tell her though. It's better for her to figure out this kind of thing herself. 

"Well Tohru to be honest I really don't know. I haven't felt that feeling before. I think it's best you spend time and figure out this feeling for yourself". I tell her as I turn back to cutting the veggies.

Tohru seemed to be in deep thought. I was going to say something else, but the teapot started going off snapping us both out of our thoughts.  

"I'm sure grandpa's house is looking great now. I can be happy there to besides anything has to better than living in a tent, right?". That's when the realization hit me when I heard tohru say that. She didn't want to go live with her grandpa, she wanted to stay here and live with us. I felt a feeling of relief flush over me. I run towards Tohru and grab her hands.

"Tohru. If you don't want to go back, I can tell your grandpa for you. I'm sure he wouldn't mind you staying with us here permanently".  I say smiling brightly at her. But Tohru quickly shook her head and waved her hands at me. "No, I really couldn't bother you like that. I'm sure grandpa house will be great, you'll see". 

Time skip

3rd person POV:

Kitsune was sitting at the table across from Yuki while Shigure sat at the head of the table and Kyo was sitting outside sulking. 

"There are some left over salted fish in the fridge, it'll go bad before too long. You'll probably want to pick up soy sauce at the store soon. Oh- and garbage day changed recently so keep that in mind and here, this is my grandfather's address I'll leave it with you just in case". Tohru said as she slid the paper with the address on the table. Kitsune was hiding her sad face behind her book she was reading. Although, she will be spending the night with Tohru at her grandpa's house it still was pretty sad that she wouldn't be able to see Tohru so easily every day. 

"I guess tomorrow's the big day. You've done so much for us thank you" shigure said. Yuki, Kyo and Kitsune kept silent. 

"No thank you. And I promise you can trust me I'll take the sohmas family secret to my grave". Tohru replied with a determine look on her face.