Chapter 1. Chaos Emerald Revealed

It was a normal day for Luna as she was getting some time away from the group for once to head on over to one of her favorite cake shops that Amy used to take her to a lot now that it's been relocated and opened again for business. While she was on her way, though, she heard police sirens and decided to check them out. Apparently, there was a police chase, and she wanted to help out to see why it caused so much of a ruckus, and after running further into the event, she found an emerald.

Luna was quick to pick up the emerald, and after examining it for a moment, she immediately recognized it and why the cops were trying to get it back. Though if they couldn't protect it as well as they should've, maybe it was better if she protected it herself.

Though the police were not going to believe her and she quickly realized that when she heard them approach behind her and have her at gunpoint, demanding she returned the emerald.

"Listen, as much as I want to... you guys weren't protecting it well enough if it somehow got stolen by an escapee, and that escapee should be your main priority, not this gem. It'll be safe in the proper hands, frankly those that won't let it get stolen so easily." Luna said towards the cops which they obviously took offense to despite her having a point, but cops are stubborn that way and aren't always the brightest. She didn't even get to convince them before a gunshot rang out, and one of the cops out of sheer anger shot her. The cat showed pure shock as cops had very accurate aim and shot her right through the skull and had fallen unconscious as that was a fatal blow and would kill her.

The cops went over to take back the emerald she took back from the escapee, though when they tried, they were suddenly pushed back as that emerald was now glowing brighter and they knew what it was a sign for, and it wasn't good.

Meanwhile, with Luna, since she was pretty much on death's door, she felt that it was over for her while she was stuck in the dark of her own subconscious, though after a moment she saw a faint light in the distance and heard a familiar voice and laughter.

"Long time no see Luna.." The voice said, and she sooner looked over to where it was coming from and who she saw shocked her. "Super Sonic!? How are you here?" Luna said with clear shock as she saw him right in front of her, though she wasn't able to process her thoughts before he continued to speak.

"That matters not. What matters here is you are dying.. and since you seem so inclined to protect the emerald that I was trapped in.. how about we make a little deal? I'll help keep you alive, and in return.. you hold on to the emerald and will have full access to use it when you need it." Super Sonic said, offering an outstretched hand. Luna was a bit suspicious, but since this was either life or death she was competing with, and she still wanted to help her friends as best she could, she took his hand. "Fine. I accept your deal." She said in response, Super Sonic giving her a sinister look.

"Good choice there, kitty.. and I've stopped using the name Super Sonic for some time now.. you can just refer to me as... Fleetway." He replied, Luna nodded understandingly, and everything around them started to get brighter, hearing him say one last thing before everything went white.

"Let's have some fun out there, my friend.. Shall we?"

___________________________________________

End of Chapter 1.