Chapter 15 - Internal Problems of the Empire

Start from the beginning

However, because they were popular, it was enough to restrict their nobility and place them on the Royal Council seats.

Although the Emperor convenes a Royal Council Assembly, he also calls on the leaders of the ministries, departments and offices of the Imperial Government to join the Royal Council Assembly.

Inside the meeting room, there is a large, long table with chairs on each side, with a large chair located at the end of the table.

The chamber is full of certain people wearing elegant clothes, the room is filled with people's conversations, but the atmosphere inside the chamber is quite cold and a little dirty.

On one side of the long table sat the members of the Royal Council.

On the other side of the table were the leaders of their respective ministries, departments and agencies.

Suddenly, the large door opened as the Imperial Guard opened it, and then the room fell silent.

Emerging from the great door was the Emperor of Parpaldia, Ludius III, walking with a cold expression.

The Emperor wears blue royal clothing, with his sculpted silver hair, in his pocket was a watch pocket that he acquired from Mu's ambassador in Parpaldia.

The Emperor sat in his large chair and nodded to the president who was sitting alongside the members of the Royal Council.

President of the Royal Council: "The Royal Council Assembly will begin now!"

As the president stated, people sat down, whether at the table or on the chairs.

Many are tense because no Royal Council Assembly has been held for around 2 years.

People just waiting for the Emperor's question.

Ludius: "I've heard some rumors that Parpaldia is in control of the island and the Kingdom of Altarus. Are we really in control of Altarus?"

To many surprises, the Emperor already knew about the subjugation or invasion of the island and Kingdom of Altarus.

Few members of the Royal Council are already sweaty, as they are involved in this, few are not, as they didn't even know about it.

Royal Advisor #1: "Y-Yes. We have full control of Altarus."

Ludius: "What happened to the Altarus Royal Family?"

Royal Advisor #1: "I-It was reported that K-King Taara XIV of A-Altarus was k-killed in the battle in defense of Le Brias."

*SBAACKK*

The people around the chamber shuddered as Ludius slammed the table.

Ludius: "And the Princess?"

Royal Advisor #1: "O-Our forces on A-Altarus never found any trace of Princess Lu-Lumines of A-Altarus. She is presumed to have escaped before the ground invasion."

Ludius sighed in relief.

He still has a cold face as he stares at the people on the other side of the chamber, his important attention is, of course, on the members of the Royal Council.

Ludius: "Now. Director of the 2nd Department of Foreign Affairs, Rius, so far I know that you have any kind suggestions to make in this assembly?"

On a chair, Director Rius of the 2nd Department of Foreign Affairs tensed when his name was mentioned.

He positions himself and gives his suggestion.

Rius: "Y-Your Majesty. Considering the north's new resources, I think we should launch a subju—"