The Big Final II

Arriving early for the long-awaited final, the Warriors of Night players found a moment of calm before the storm. Each retreated to prepare mentally for the challenge ahead.

It was at this moment that a knock on the door interrupted the tranquility. Phuwin and Force exchanged meaningful glances, as they knew exactly what was happening. Despite reprimanding Pond for taking the initiative without informing Dunk, they had agreed that Dunk's family's surprise presence could be a positive boost for him.

Force, in a serious tone, called Dunk, mentioning the "special fans" who were waiting. Dunk was puzzled by the situation but followed Force to the door, curious.

Dunk was momentarily speechless when he saw his family there, accompanied by Joong. The surprise expression on his face gave way to a mixture of emotions as he watched them.

His sister, the nine-year-old girl, ran towards him with a radiant smile, her eyes shining with excitement to see her older brother. Dunk snapped out of the initial shock and scooped her up, enveloping her in a warm and comforting hug.

"What are you guys doing here?" Dunk asked, his voice choked with emotion, as he looked at his entire family gathered there. He felt a wave of happiness and surprise flooding his heart.

Dunk's mother, with a gentle smile, explained: "Joong thought it would be special if we could be here to support you," she said, placing her hand on Dunk's shoulder tenderly, "And we couldn't miss the chance to see you shine in the final, dear."

Dunk wrapped a free arm around his mother's waist, hugging her while still holding his sister, feeling embraced by the love and support of his family. Then he looked at his father, whose presence there was the biggest surprise for him.

"You came too." Dunk said, his voice a bit uncertain but full of genuine desire for reconciliation. It was hard to ignore the nostalgia that enveloped him at seeing his father there, despite the past hurts. He missed his father more than he cared to admit, and despite the difficulties, there was still a part of him that wished to rebuild the lost relationship.

Dunk's father looked at him with a soft expression, his eyes reflecting a mixture of admiration and regret. He took a deep breath before speaking, his words filled with sincerity.

"I understand your profession better now, son," he began, his voice brimming with emotion. "I've seen how much you strive, how much you sacrifice to achieve your dreams. Joong showed us a video of your training, and I realized that things are much more intense than I imagined."

A sigh escaped Dunk's father's lips as he continued, "I know things between us haven't been easy. I deeply regret being so stubborn. I was just worried about your future, but now I see that you're following your heart and doing what you love."

He paused for a moment, searching for the right words, "I want you to know that even in the moments when we weren't together, I was always rooting for you, son. And today, I'm here to support you, no matter what happens."

Dunk's father's words echoed in the air, penetrating deeply into his heart. He then handed his sister to his mother and approached his father, feeling nervous and emotional at the same time.

"Thank you, Dad," Dunk said, his voice choked with emotion. "It means a lot to me to hear you say that."

The two embraced, a hug full of years of silence finally being broken. For so long, there had been a void because of the distance between them, and now he felt a weight being lifted off his shoulders.

As they separated from the embrace, Dunk saw in his father's eyes a new understanding, a connection that had long been lost, now being regained.

Force smiled warmly at Dunk's parents and then offered politely, "It's a pleasure to meet you; I'm the team manager. Would you like to meet the other team members? They would be very happy to greet you before the match."