He easily carried Lu Xing back to the center of the bed and covered him with a quilt. Ruan Sui sat on the edge of the bed and began to sort out Lu Xing's mental and physical energy. Soon, a husky with the same wings as Lu Xing appeared at his feet.

  The husky squinted his eyes, flapped the wings behind him, and actually flew into the air.

  Not only that, maybe it was because the owner had a good impression of Ruan Sui, but the husky flew straight into Ruan Sui's arms and lay there, rubbing its big plush head against Ruan Sui's chest like a baby, thinking... Let Ruan Sui touch it.

  Ruan Sui did not let him down. He attached his mental power to his hands and combed the husky's soft and shiny hair bit by bit.

  Maybe because they felt comfortable, Husky and Lu Xing made small humming sounds at the same time, which fell on Ruan Sui's ears and thought they were extremely cute.

  After a period of grooming, the husky turned into a stream of light and melted into Lu Xing's body, and two fluffy dog ​​ears popped out of Lu Xing's head. The two ears moved flexibly and lay still on top of Lu Xing's head. Lu Xing also seemed to have recovered and slowly opened his eyes.

  "Instructor." Lu Xing responded a little slowly. He closed his eyes. When he opened them again, he was clear. "Instructor, how is the battlefield?"

  "You don't have to worry about cleaning the battlefield." Ruan Sui said in a gentle voice, "Boton and Yan Yuan are experts in this field. They will take care of it."

  "I know, I'm just a little confused." Lu Xing stood up and leaned against the bed, with confusion hidden in his deep black eyes.

  "Doubts? What doubts?" Ruan Sui put a pillow behind Lu Xing, "About what?"

  "Deformed body." Lu Xing thought for a while and told Ruan Sui everything about the deformed body.

  "The mutants will not retreat without orders. Their obedience is better than that of soldiers. I don't understand why the mutants who were eyeing the base suddenly retreated."

  "Do you suspect that the doctor already got what he wanted, so he ordered the mutants to retreat?"

  Lu Xing nodded slightly: "Yeah, but that's not necessarily the case. It's possible that he just doesn't want to make unnecessary sacrifices."

  "Yes." Ruan Sui responded, "I will ask Bolton to be more vigilant and investigate suspicious situations. We can't-"

  Before Ruan Sui finished what he said, there was a knock on the door, and Yan Yuan walked in.

  He first asked about Lu Xing's status. After confirming that Lu Xing had no major problems, he looked at the two of them and said seriously: "I don't know if this is something wrong. The soldiers who just went to pick up the residents of the safe house reported. The number is wrong."

  "The number of people is wrong? What do you mean? People are missing?" Lu Xing and Ruan Sui said in unison.

  Yan Yuan shook his head: "I didn't lose it."

  "That's too much?" Ruan Sui asked.

  Yan Yuan still shook his head.

  The two of them were confused by Yan Yuan. What did this mean? The number of people is wrong, but it is neither too many nor too few, so what counts is the wrong number of people.

  Yan Yuan himself was a little confused: "I don't know how to explain it to you. There are indeed neither too many nor too few people, but something is wrong. I went to check and it is indeed wrong. It feels very weird."