Killing a God

The castle surrounded by water

     The castle surrounded by water. Its elegance was profound once it came into view. Looking around and noticing the single bridge which connected the town to the mainland.

     I was in awe at the Undine Territory and even more amazed once I noticed Undine fairies flying through the water below and flying out with no problem.

"This place is amazing!" I say.

     Siune laughs at my enthusiasm then begins her decent to ground level.

"Hey! You never told me how to land!" I shout.

"Oh yeah... good luck!" She says with a sorry expression.

'She's so not sorry!'

     I fly down quickly and before I crash into the stone floor below I pull back. Wind rushes past me as I land safely and those around me braced for impact as dust gets picked up.

     My wings disappear as the dust settles. I look around to see other players all staring at me with a worried expression.

'Are they scared? Where did Siune go?'

     I look around and don't see her nearby. Opting not to awkwardly stand like a foreigner, I walk along the road and past players who seem too afraid to get near me.

"Shinsei!" Siune shouted.

     Just ahead was Siune, she waved me over and I obliged. Once we got close the surrounding players became at ease. The tension that was there dissipated instantaneous, then the surrounding players went about their day.

"What's going on? People keep looking at me... is it cause my outfit?" I asked lowly.

"Well, that and your hair is black and your landing was pretty impressive." She complimented.

"Oh.. guess my hair color matters more than I would expect." I say.

"Don't worry about them. I have other friends all from different races. Thats probably why they relaxed once you met up with me." She advises.

'So she has connections with all sorts of races...'

"Come on. I'll tell you the basics about the game, and some cool stories as well." She offers.

'Convenient.'

"Sure. That would be great!" I say and follow her from then on.