Red AU『 AAAAHH SPIDERS 』

Start from the beginning

In any case it needed investigation.

Y/n stared up at the sky contemplating how long the sun would be up, the travel to this desolate place alone already took up most of the daylight, it would be dark soon.

As thrilling as this exploration was, the eery vibe it gave off wasn't making it a appealing place to stay the night at.

So far they hadn't entered any building, only walking outside the premises. They halted before the house in the middle. HOME.

"Just this building, and then I'll go..."

Creaking stairs led them to the attic, where faint noises reached their ears.

The once vibrant and cheerful puppet, Red, now with a faded yellow hue and a disheveled pompadour, sensed the newcomer's presence. His self-awareness had grown in the solitude of the attic.

Suddenly, a swarm of spiders, his loyal companions, descended from the shadows, weaving intricate threads that entrapped the intruder.

The human, Y/n, let a startled screech, falling backwards trying to push off the bugs startled and frightened. They struggled against the silken strands, trying to make sense of the situation.

They didn't even have time to pay attention to their surroundings as they where swatting away the living critters frantically.

"AAAAHH SPIDERS!"

(Roll credits)

They where close to hyperventilating till the spiders finally moved away leaving them tied up in strings that where far stronger then they looked. Rendering them unable to move freely.

The camera had rolled out of their hands and the flashlight followed. A beam of light now shone onto the long forgotten star, putting him back in the spotlight.

It was him.

Y/n ceased their struggling as they came face to face with the Red. And he wasn't simply a prop from the show, he was real.

"It's you..."

Red observed the ensnared intruder. His hollow eyes gleamed with an unintentional intimidation, as he let the spiders continued their meticulous work, weaving a complex web around Y/n.

The once-charming puppet spoke with a hint of madness in his voice. "You shouldn't have ventured here. I've been forgotten, abandoned, and I won't let anyone disturb my solitude."

As the spiders completed their task, his demeanor shifted between moments of erratic insanity and melancholic reflection.

The atmosphere thick with tension to say the least.

Y/n ignored the bizarreness for now, trying to reach out towards Red, but their movements where heavily restricted.

"I was looking for you. Well... the props that where used, including you but you're alive. Actually alive." They spoke up on disbelief, nervousness and excitement.

"You know me..." He mumbled in a softer tone now, he never encounter a fan before (in his eyes you where a fan) and it was actually awakening a warm feeling inside.

They nodded, as far as body movement went they could still do that. Quickly they rambled about their their investigation and their memories about the old episodes.

He listened to them.

For the first time he felt something else beside regret, sorrow, resentment and anger.

When the human was done rambling they gave the puppet a awkward smile. Trying not to cringe in disgust as spiders crawled onto his body, nestling into his hair an clothes.

"Any chance you could free me from these strings..."

"These threads hold my existence together. They're my only companions." He muttered almost poetically.

He was torn between the longing for any real interaction and the fear of being rejected once more.

Welcome Home had discarded him, taken everything away from him.

The forgotten soul, lost in the web of his own existence, yearned for a connection, while the curious explorer struggled against the threads of a haunting past, entwined in the dusty attic of an abandoned film set.

"You could be my new companion. My forever companion."

"You don't mean while staying here right?"

An uncomfortable look flashed on Y/n's face but Red only blankly stared back at them.

"I can help you, I can fix you, I can take you home with me, sew up back up. We can be friends, yes? But we can't stay here." They pleaded, feeling dread reappear.

"This neighborhood is my home, it's my world, it always has been. We aren't leaving. You can't tell me what to do, this time I get to make the decisions in my existence." He said firmly, glaring as he didn't like the scared look on their face.

He preferred the look of admiration and awe.

It reminded him of his good days.

He raised his hand, the strings connected to holding him up entangled with the spiders strings holding them up.

He tugged into it, forcing their body to move against their will, controlling it like a puppeteer. Like he was the one in control this time.

"Have you ever wondered what it's like being controlled like a puppet? I'll show you."

>:)

- - - - -