Opposite AU 『 Piggyback ride 』

ANGST??

Word count: 928

- - - - -

"Are you gonna give me a piggyback ride?"

Opposite flicked Y/n's forehead, not about to entertain such a stupid idea.

"I'd rather throw myself off a cliff." He replied dryly, his expression showed a mixture of anger and annoyance.

"To bad!" They grin deviously as they jump onto his back, clinging onto him tightly.

You were now the equivalent of a human backpack.

The puppet froze, he wasn't expecting the human to leap onto his back without a warning. Reluctantly he held on to their legs to support the body weight.

He grumbled under his breath, trying his best to control his emotions of anger and disgust, but his facial expression gave him away.

His face was a deep shade of red, his breath got heavy, but he wasn't about to let them just sit and relax on his back forever, after a moment the scowl was back on his face again.

"Get off."

"Why don't you get walking."

"I'm not going to walk with you on my back." Opposite said stiffly.

This was like a game, if he walked, even a single inch, then they would win, so he just stood there, frozen, trying to resist the urge to walk.

"Get off." He repeated firmly.

"Pleasseee, pretty please. With a cherry on top." They pleaded, clinging onto him tightly.

Hearing Y/n plead like that, was enough to take the last bit of resistance he had, in less than half a second, Opposite's facade cracked.

Even though they were still the same annoying brat, his facial expression softened, he didn't resist anymore, and with a defeated sigh, he took a step and began to walk.

"You're a pest."

They simply ignored his insult but frowned as they got put down on the ground after being carried for so long.

At least he brought you to your doorstep.

"Maybe you're not just a pest, you're also a disease and I should get rid of you." Opposite continued with mocking sarcasm.

"But you can't get rid of me... cause you care for meeee. Deep inside I know you do!" Y/n laughed in his face smugly.

His face became a deep shade of red when they said that, his body stiffened completely.

"Shut up." He mumbled, trying his best to ignore them while his stomach was burning from an unfamiliar feeling.

"Just admit it we are friends." They nudged him expectantly. Waiting for him to give in and be honest.

But he didn't see them as a friend.

"Friends." He repeated again almost immediately after, his voice was louder, his tone of voice became more firm.

Opposite was looking at Y/n dead in the eyes, as if he was trying to gauge their reaction, his expression was stern, serious, and firm. But the deep red color in his face also spoke about his feelings, emotions were mixed, and the meltdown inside was intense.

He hesitated for a moment, he didn't want to lose control in front of them, but they still continued to stare at him with that innocent face. All the intense emotions he felt suddenly became too much, and he snapped.

He lifted one hand and placed it against the side of their face and made sure they looked at him.

It was the first time he ever dared to touch them like this.

"You're not my friend."

"Excuse me, what am I to you then?" They snapped back, feeling offended.

"You're my pain in the ass." He replied bluntly without a hesitation.

It was obvious he was using his snark and his disdain to hide his feelings, the way he leaned forward and put a lot of weight on the hand touching their cheek was an indication that he was trying his hardest to be serious and avoid showing his weakness.

To his suprise instead of pushing him away, they leaned into his touch.

He was now leaning forward towering over them as he had them trapped against their door, as a act of dominance.

"Don't forget, you are nothing more than the annoyance of my neighbor." Opposite spoke sharply again, as if he was trying to remind himself.

"Then what am I going to be to you in the future?"

Opposite's expression froze, this isn't something he expected them to ask him.

"Nothing." He replied firmly, he was trying to stay serious, but when they ask him this question, it made him pause for several seconds. "Just nothing."

The hand that was brushing theirs suddenly tightened, he squeezed their cheek a bit too tightly, and there was a sudden burst of intense emotions like heat and longing, but he instantly withdrew his hand, like his body was automatically rejecting it... which it was.

He felt a burning pain inside rise up inside his chest, it was taking away his breath and not in a good way. It was suffocating.

"Nobody is important to me." Opposite spoke in a sharp tone, but instantly he knew they wouldn't believe him.

His hand was trembling a little bit.

With effort he pulled away pushing their door open to make them tumble inside before before closing the door himself again.

He made sure they couldn't see him as he started to couch, a black goop dripping from his mouth. It left a burning pain from where it touched his felt skin. And it left a horrid taste that would linger for a long while.

Hurriedly he returned to his house, ordering Home to let no one in.

His body was rejecting any happiness.

He couldn't be happy with his neighbor. And his neighbor shouldn't be wanting him.

- - - - -