Butcher AU『 Gift for you 』

Requested by @almasimp

And don't worry I'm still planning on writing a story with Mafia Wally as well

And we are actually not having angst for once 😩

Word count: 722

- - - - -

"I want to say this in the nicest way possible but there is only so much that can be said to sugarcoat it."

"And what is it my sweet friend~"

Butcher was hovering over them with one of his weird smiles, there was blood dripping off his gloves creating stains on Y/n's clothes.

They where in the butcher shop, the human had decided to pay the yellow puppet a visit.

Considering they where his friend... his only friend.

The only one unafraid to be in his presence, they knew he cared to much about them to lose them. So they often could get away with saying anything, even things that would normally provoke or trigger him.

"You smell rancid. Like a rat that just crawled out of the sewers."

"Why you little sh-"

Was it smart to start drama with the most feared person in the town? No.

But it was also your entertainment.

They swatted his hand away, groaning in annoyance as they saw the red spots on their now ruined shirt.

"I'm expecting you to pay up for this."

"Don't you think I deserve a apology first for that rude remark you made just now."

His former friendly facade had quickly turned sour. He let out a dark chuckle as he leaned closer, the worse the stench was that came from him.

Working with corpses and carcasses of dead animals was not doing him any favors.

A few days later Y/n returned to the butcher shop holding out a package for Butcher.

"I got you a gift."

"Aww sweet friend you shouldn't have."

He opens the package his smile quickly disappearing as he sees his 'gift'. It's a basket with hygiëne products like shampoo, body lotion, toothpaste etc.

He looks at them, confused, even upset. "Why would you need to buy me this? I don't need any of that nonsense, I'm perfectly fine how I am~" He was genuinely offended they thought he needed any of this.

It's a unnecessary gesture to him, clearly not aware he's smelling like a putrid garbage can that's been sitting out in the sun for two weeks.

"You need a clean up, you smell foul. When was the last time you brushed your teeth or washed your hair?" They reply, knowing they probably wouldn't like the anwser.

...

...

...

Butcher looks at Y/n with a pout, then sighs and nods.

"Okay, I suppose you're right...I can't keep looking like this for much longer. I smell like a decaying animal and look like one. And the last time I brushed my teeth was...god I can't even remember that's how bad it is."

"That's just pathetic, we need to fix that."

You would force him to clean up whether he liked it or not.

"Now go inside. I'm not letting you leave this room till you've taken a shower or bath."

Once he's done he opens the door for them, dressed in a fluffy bathrobe they once bought him as a present.

They order him to sit him on the edge of the bathtub so they have easier acces to his hair, starting to combing out the knots. It's easier now due to his hair being washed.

You are happy he looks fresh and clean for once.

Butcher chuckles as they brush his hair. He grins up at them, he seems genuinely happy. That being said, he still smells a bit like meat and blood, he's definitely not clean enough to be in public yet.

He's just clean enough to be in a room with Y/n without them wanting to gouge their eyes out. Once they are done his newly clean hair looks amazing compared to his greasy and dirty hair beforehand.

"And now you are gonna brush your teeth."

"Fine, fine~ I've got no choice, I suppose my friend is the boss here."

Butcher laughs in a way that gives people the vibe he isn't mentally doing okay. Y/n watches over, making sure their deranged man-child friend was actually brushing his teeth and not faking it.

You would probably have to take him to a dentist sooner or later.

- - - - -