I THINK WE'RE LIKE FIRE AND WATER

                       𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 6

                  𝙁𝙄𝙍𝙀 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙒𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙍

"We really gotta stop meeting up like this, kid." Shanks said as he ruffled his hair, the straw hat he normally wore had been taken off and placed on his desk. He leaned back on his chair as an audible groan left the old wood. "Every time we meet, you're trying to attack me!"

"We've only met one other time." Yorei deadpanned. "And can you blame me? Both times you approached as a threat."

"I'm starting to think you have it out for me or something." He ignored her quip. She sighed tiredly under her breath when he feigned a sad expression.

Two years and he hadn't changed.

He was still weird.

"Whatever," She said before adding, "Old man."

"Old?" Shanks jaw dropped. He seemed highly offended, to Yorei's amusement. Not only did she feel comfortable around him to let her guard down, but she also seemed to lose her manners. How odd. "I'm only--"

While Yorei wouldn't say it out loud, she was grateful for the man's presence. Shanks, the same man who fooled Aishi and raided his island for loot with his pirate crew, was the same captain of the ship she was led to for safety.

After Shanks had recognized Yorei, the rage he once admitted cooled down, though she did notice the sharpness in his gaze when he looked at Luffy, who turned away immediately. He quickly took in Yorei's state, her dirty clothes and scraped knee.

Pirates were much nicer than she initially thought, or at least this crew was. She had been taken to what she presumed to be Shanks' room, and given new clothes to change in to. Much more comfortable and cleaner than her stained kimono. Shanks later walked in with a handful of bandages and helped her wrap her scratched up knee.

She currently sat in the captain's bed, considering the pristine condition the room was in compared to the hammocks outside she passed as she was led away.

The man explained why he was at the island when Yorei asked why he came back to the place he literally robbed. He told her that the crew was just passing by, but needed to make a small pit stop for some food. To be discreet, he and a few men from his crew had used an ordinary sailors boat. Regardless, Mubushi Hikari was heavily watched, so Yorei was surprised they weren't caught.

"Who was that boy from before?" She thought back to the kid that brought her here. As she was led away by one of the kinder looking pirates, Shanks had stayed back to scold him. She had looked back and saw the sour expression on the boys face. The same pout he had on when she bumped into him.

Her lips twitched at the thought of his face as Shanks looked up from his desk, momentarily forgetting Yorei's teasing. "Oh, you mean Luffy? Trouble maker, that kid, I tell you." He seemed to age at the pure mention of that boy and Yorei raised a brow.