CUT HER BLUE HAIR OFF

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 4

                     𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 4

                      𝘽𝙇𝙐𝙀 𝙃𝘼𝙄𝙍

Kuina was... different.

She didn't dot on Yorei condescendingly, like pointing out her foreign features, her small eyes, her unusual height, the things differed her from everyone else.

She didn't ignore Yorei's presence, speaking or acting as though she wasn't there, as if Yorei didn't exist. As if Yorei didn't matter. Sometimes it seemed like Kuina's attention was in Yorei more than her own self sometimes.

She didn't get mad at Yorei, whenever the young girl asked her personal maid to do something, she was met with a smile and a nod. No eye roll or scoff, no grunt or whine.

Kuina was different. A little weird, extremely blunt, but different.

"Are all the staff assholes?" Kuina asked a few days after she arrived with no filter.

With her new personal maid, Yorei finally had the pleasure of seeing the beach during the day. She had unfortunately missed the sunrise, but the sight of pretty shells scattered across the sand made up for her disappointment.

Kuina grew up in a village, from Yorei remembered being told. She played in the dirt and ate with her hands, she had no need to learn proper etiquette like Yorei, hence the bluntness and lack of manners.

Yorei didn't mind how Kuina spoke or acted. She didn't hold Kuina to the standard that she grew up with. She understood that Kuina lived a different life compared to her. But all of Aishi's staff seemed to find it disrespectful and barbaric, even.

Yorei stared at the beach ahead of her as she responded, remembering how the other maids had already singled Kuina out and began to ignore her. Whether because she was affiliated with Yorei, or came from a run down village, Yorei didn't know. "I wish I could give you an unbiased answer. They treated me like so when I first came here. Still do to an extent."

Kuina's eyebrows furrowed at Yorei's words and she sped up in her steps to walk side by side to Yorei. "But aren't you their master, or something?"

The ends of Yorei's lips twitched unnoticeably at Kuina's lack of manners. While she didn't mind it, it was mildly amusing. "Or something," she answered, "Aishi is their real master. I'm just someone they have the misfortune of serving under due to our relation."

"So what, is he like your uncle or something?" Kuina questioned. She boredly kicked a small rock on the sand.

Yorei spared the girl a small glance. Confused about how the girl didn't know her situation considering she now worked under him. "No. My husband."