2. You Are The Man, Right?

Two           You Are The Man, Right?mentions abusive behavior

mentions abusive behavior

Two           You Are The Man, Right?mentions abusive behavior

Now, Now

Where is Mari?

Avery can hear the question as she comes up the stairs, a pomegranate lemonade cold in a glass. It sends pins and needles to her palm. She probably put too much ice. She always does, for everything. Rafe gets bothered when she puts too much ice in his whiskey's, sometimes. He'll mumble some cruel thing under his breath about how she can't remember the simple details that matter most about him. It's fucking whiskey, Ave. Not a damn test. It's three goddamn ice cubes. She then acts like it doesn't hurt her feelings, but it always does. Some things aren't worth fighting back.

She still hasn't gotten very good at that.

Her youngest sister, Madison, is the one asking for Mari.

Madison is always asking for a sister at her hand. She's the youngest, it's suppose to happen like this.

Mari was supposed to be down exactly fourteen minutes ago to watch some movie Mads needs to see with someone other than herself. It's one of her favorites. Josie is never really home to sit down and watch a movie with her sisters, and when she is home (like now) she never wants to be away from her room. Or away from Bess. No one knows why. Bess on the other hand has grown painfully, for some reason. She's always out late on the weekends. Having Avery help sneak her back in. She's missing practices. And during the days, she sleeps a lot. She's probably depressed, but Rich doesn't believe in that kind of thing. Doesn't make you an asset. We all have a part to play. So, play. Which has Avery never asking for Bess for much of anything anymore, because she feels too much. Avery simply can't do movies. She'd love to watch one with Mads, but it could never happen peacefully. She hasn't been able to sit through movies, like ever. She can't sit that long without losing her damn mind. Another thing Rafe can't stand about her, he loves to fall asleep to movies that he won't really pay attention too and Avery would rather walk the marsh in his backyard six times before she finally got tired.