Chapter 6 - Kurumi Meets Kurumi

Magsimula sa umpisa

Shido: "Was that the tree?!"

Kotori: "Yes, AST and Rotatoskr have codenamed it <Tree of Silver Wings> due to its appearance."

Reine: "It appears that when <The Gardener> showed up, it left something other than a Space-quake the Tree itself isn't made from Spirit power neither is it made up of any existing type of naturally-occurring tree. Its size and height suggest it's being maintained and powered by an unknown source, including scans that indicate massive energy levels emitting from the tree itself, the same energy that belongs to <The Gardener>."

Kotori: "Another thing is that <The Tree of Silver Wings> is being identified by our systems as a separate Spirit. turns out this tree has a mind of its own, it's burrowing its roots deep into the ground and it is weakening underground infrastructure and causing these seismic quakes."

Reine: "Additionally, <The Tree of Silver Wings> seems to be gathering energy directly toward the inside of its crown, further scans show a figure."

Shido looks at Reine and Kotori confused, science wasn't his strong suit at all. . .

Shido: "Uh, You are going to have to make it simple for me little sister."

Kotori: "Jeez Big bro, sooner you will have to understand this to be able to seal spirits more efficiently. Anyway in a nutshell, <The Tree of Silver Wings> is a spirit as well and possibly making itself a body and it's tied to <The Gardener>."

Shido: "So basically, The Traveler unintentionally created another Spirit. . ."

Reine: "And it will be your job to seal both when the time comes."

Shido: "I don't know about this. . . The Traveler and this <Tree of Silver Wings> feels too out of my league. . ."

Kotori: "C'mon big bro, you already sealed two spirits, I think you got this."

Shido: "You think so? This whole thing feels. . . what's the word? Eldritch."

Reine: "I guess that is a reasonable feeling when dealing with things like this."

Shido: "Is it only that? or is it something more?"

Kotori: "Oh come on, you weren't this nervous about Yoshino and Tohka."

Reine: "Shin. . . are you. . . afraid?"

Shido: "Wasn't I always afraid? I'm risking my life to seal these spirits, so isn't it natural to be this scared?"

Kotori: "I guess you make a point big bro. Still, you have to date these girls if you want to save them and stop them from being killed and possibly end the world."

Shido: "Sheesh, no pressure. . ."

Tohka: "Shido! Shido! we're done! can I have more?"

Shido: "Sure Tohka."

Suddenly, Kotori receives an urgent message. . .

Kotori: "Shido! we found <The Gardener>!"

. . .

. . .

 . . .

Kurumi's POV

Several energy shots fly past the nimble form of the newly risen Kurumi. red-black energy shoots through trees like butter, grazing Kurumi slightly. The original Tokisaki Kurumi chases the Lightbearer, wearing a creepy smile.