Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Ch. 1

Luna

"Good morning, Miss Stavrakos." My personal maid, stylist, and hair/makeup artist greeted me as they entered my apartment.

I greeted them back with a "good morning" as I rubbed lotion on my skin.

The sun started to peek through my curtains, casting a glow over my minimal white and black furniture, and I stretched my arms, feeling the morning light. I loved living in the heart of New York City. Living here alone, I felt content and at peace in my own sanctuary.

Work was like a fashion show every day. At 26, I looked completely different than I had in my teens. I dyed my hair blond, wore fancy designer clothes, and strutted around in stilettos. I needed to present a flawless face and killer fashion sense to everyone.

I aspired to be at the center of the fashion world as the co-owner of Glamour, after all.

"We represent our company. We need to maintain this flawless image, cause we're promoting ourselves as well as our products." That's what Barry, my business partner and boyfriend of three years, kept on saying to me.

Once I got all dolled up, my stylist hooked me up with a peach mini dress and matching stilettos.

Two years ago, I wouldn't have had to wear this color and style, because I liked to wear black conservative clothes. Same thing applied to everything. My room was all decked out in black, from the walls to the decor and my personal stuff like bags, pens, and notebooks. It was kind of freaky or morbid. But that was just me.

At the moment, I had to do what was best for my career and personal life. It wasn't just me, myself, and I. Me and Barry were partners in everything now. We were in this together, working hard to reach our goal.

"You look fabulous!" My stylist's face lit up when I changed into my outfit of the day. She made it her mission to turn me into a fashion trendsetter.

"Thanks. Let's go." Without even looking in the mirror, I grabbed my black handbag, the only thing that felt like the real me.

Half an hour later, I showed up at the Glamour office, which was in a 20-story building that my family owned. Our company took up the first ten, and tenants took the rest above.

When I got to my office, there was a paper cup of hot coffee waiting for me. Barry always brought me a coffee every morning, ever since he stumbled upon this coffee place near our office. He thought there was some secret ingredient in the coffee that gave you incredible energy.

It wasn't worth telling him I hated the coffee, so I just played along.

I put my bag on the desk, then settled into the chair.

Sally, my secretary, went over my schedule for the week, reminding me of Sweet and my brother Sebastian's wedding anniversary tomorrow night. I contemplated whether or not I wanted to go.

Supporting my brother was important, but so was avoiding Colton Treble.

I hadn't seen him since Sweet and Sebastian's wedding eight years ago. If I could help it, I didn't intend on seeing him ever again, either.

I gave the coffee a shot, taking small sips, but it still tasted like hot water with powdered charcoal.

"Toss it in the trash." Sally nudged the bin my way.

"Yup, you're right. I'm done."

I was about to throw it away when Barry walked through the door.

Sally left, giving us some alone time, while Barry moved in closer and planted a quick kiss on my lips.

icon lock

Show your support for Neilani Alejandrino, and continue reading this story

by Neilani Alejandrino
@sweetdreamer33
When up-and-coming fashion mogul Luna learns her company is on the br...
Unlock a new story part. Your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.
See how Coins support your favorite writers like @sweetdreamer33.