𝟷.𝟺

*+:。.。 𖤍 。.。:+*

I jolt awake to an alarm set off by the board of dark tiles. I look up and see Abby frantically get up and stand in the middle of the room. I whip my head towards the screen and see how Clarke's tile is now dark. I breathe out a shaky breath, the same reaction for when I saw Octavia's tile darken.

While I was gone, Octavia's tile had become dark. I didn't know what to think- I was scared she was actually dead. Abby keeps telling us that they may be taking it off and that's the last bit of hope I have right now.

Abby asks Jackson and I for Clarke's analysis for the past two days before she walks out of the room. I look towards Jackson with a concerned look before looking back to the screen.

Please let us be right.

𖤍

I give out a shaky breath as I walk towards the place where checkups are being held. I look at all the parents with kids in front of them before I take in a sharp inhale and check up on the first kid. The oxygen deprivation isn't helping anyone and Abby's mind is stuck somewhere else. The past week she's been going down to mecha station more times than I can count, I know Kane's noticed too by the way his squinted eyes follow her every-time she leaves.

He doesn't seem to know what she's doing but neither does Jackson and I. "Alright? Your all finished, make sure you stay hydrated okay? It'll help with those bubbles in your mouth." I say to the little girl in front of me with a smile on my face and a slight scrunch on my nose. I set them on their way before grabbing my next patient and checking up on them.

An hour goes by before I finally have a few people left. Surprisingly, Abby comes and checks up on me before the same girl- Raven, comes over with a fake cough. I scrunch my eyebrows at the two and go to speak but I'm cut off by Abby telling me that she's going to check up on the girl.

I watch as they both go behind the tarp. I turn my head back and crouch down in front of a little boy. "Hey there, baby, how are you doing?" The boy tells me his eyes are fogging up and he can barely see now. My heart clenches a bit but I swallow my emotion and begin diagnosing him.

Abby comes through the tarp and I quickly move to grab her and and pull her to the side, "Abby-"

"I can't talk now, Eve."

"No." I snap

Abby turns to me and notices the sharpness in my eye, "What the hell has been going on with you lately?" I whisper harshly. "I don't know what you're talking about," she tries to move again but I pull her back once more. I try and whisper a little more quietly, "I'm worried Abby, your my friend and you obviously hiding something from Jackson and I." Abby nods before grabbing both my shoulders, "Don't worry, okay? I'm fine. I'm just worried about Clarke." I stare at her before nodding on understanding.

She now moves and this time I don't stop her.

𖤍

"Has anyone seen Dr. Griffin?" I turn my head to the voice and I give a confused look when I see Kane with a couple of guards behind him. "I haven't seen her since checkups earlier today," I say truthfully. "If you see her before I do please tell security as it seems she's broken the law once more by taking morphine from the clinic." Kane then nods at everyone in the clinic before leaving, I turn to look at Jackson with wide eyes before I quickly walking  towards him, "Tell her Kane's on his way." I hand him the tablet and let him call her, telling her about what just happened.