Jisung's hand landed on Minho's arm, drawing the Sun Prince's attention. "He's obviously scared, allow me to talk to him," he murmured.

Minho's brows drew together, but then he quickly understood what he meant. "Oh, right. I don't mean to be intimidating."

"I know," Jisung said softly, patting his arm.

Minho stepped back, allowing Jisung to step forward to speak to Jeongin properly. With a small amount of uncertainty, he glanced at his parents, carefully assessing their reactions to this. They had yet to see Jisung say more than a few words outside of formalities.

The Sun Queen watched, a subtle light of approval in her eyes while her husband looked on in interested curiosity. The Sun King was a bit gruff and stubborn, but he was otherwise quiet, so it was both surprising that he was letting things unfold like this in his council room, and comforting that he was remaining quiet when he could easily take control of the situation.

"It must have taken a lot of courage to leave your home in such a secretive way despite not knowing how things would turn out," the Moon Prince began softly, meeting Jeongin's eyes. "Thank you for displaying that courage."

Jeongin's eyes widened a little, and his eyes cast to the floor, fingers fidgeting. "Yes- I mean, you're welcome?"

Jisung held his hands out, palms up. "It's alright, we're not going to harm you."

Hesitantly, Jeongin set his hands on Jisung's waiting ones, and he let out a long breath, as if that simple touch was enough to calm him down.

Minho watched, pride and something warmer swelling in his chest. The Prince of the Moon was finally shining before everyone's eyes.

Jisung nodded approvingly. "That's it. Now, let's make things clear, alright?"

Jeongin nodded, his demeanor slowly gaining a bit more light and confidence. He took his hands back and smiled at the Moon Prince before returning his attention to the other royals. "I read your letters in detail, and I would love to help in your cause. I love my people, my kingdom, but... my family harbors resentment toward the other kingdoms."

"Do you know why?" Jisung asked, voice still gentle. Minho was so in love with that gentle voice.

"They believe Banscar to be superior to everything and everyone. They are selfish, hate-filled people, and I do not wish to stain my country's name any further." Jeongin began fidgeting again. "I am only one person, but I know everything there is to know about my brothers and their intentions, so I wish to be of any help to you."

A smile crept onto Minho's face, and he set his hand on his heart, dipping his head before meeting Jeongin's purple eyes. "I thank you from the bottom of my heart. We welcome you to our cause."

A loud breath of relief escaped Jeongin in a strangely cute way. "Thank you. Much like you, I wish to avoid war, and I will anything to prevent it."

"Minho."

Minho turned at the sound of his father's voice, once again a little nervous about his reaction to this. "Yes, Father?"

"Let's prepare accommodations for Prince Jeongin. While he gets settled in I believe you have some explaining to do. For now, it is late, and we can discuss these developments tomorrow."

The King and Queen of the Sun held similar unreadable expressions, and Minho swallowed dryly, keeping steady only due to Jisung's hand touching his back just barely. "Yes, Your Majesty."

The Sun Queen snapped her fingers, and one of her attendants that always stayed nearby quickly left, likely to gather the proper castle staff to prepare a room for the Prince of Banscar. Then she smiled at Jeongin. "Supper was already served some time ago, but we will have a meal sent to you so you don't have to go to bed hungry."