It seemed to have worked as well. The next sword came flying by once again, but due to his unpredictable movement, it missed by a lot. It was enough for him to get to the other end of the street as well, turning another corner and getting one block closer to his goal.

He noticed something as he was running, he felt strangely calm. His low health worried him, but he was devoid of anxiety. It didn't really sink in how if he took another hit, he could possibly die.

'It's probably just a delayed reaction.'

He swung around another pole and could see the construction site right ahead. However, something concerned him. He didn't hear the sound of footsteps or swords crashing into things. It was dead silent.

Even though this was the case, he kept running. He wasn't sure what the sword guy had in mind, but he didn't like it. Something was off.

'Maybe he just gave up?'

He didn't believe it. At this point, he had been tracked down by this guy for hours straight. There was no way in his mind that he thought he would give up. Though, maybe he just didn't know enough about the guy to determine that.

Just as he was trying to understand his new situation, he saw something that made him really confused.

A young man was standing ahead of him, at least a few hundred feet away. He was in between Matt and the construction site. He had black hair and a very kind-looking face. With dark brown eyes. But something about him unsettled Matt.

Matt slowed down a bit since he wasn't sure what was up. But as he was evaluating the new stranger, they pulled a large dark scythe out of nowhere.

'Are they a player!?'

As this was happening he heard footsteps slowly approach from behind. It was the red-haired man, who seemed very relaxed and had a big grin on his face.

'There's no way I got this unlucky. Are they a team?'

That was the only thing Matt could think of. But two beta testers meeting up and working together wasn't something that had even crossed his mind. He had assumed being granted a system was too rare to form a team this fast.

Without any further delay, the sword guy and the new stranger nodded at each other and ran full speed toward Matt from opposite directions.

-

-

-

-

-

__________

||Stats||

Name: Matt Peterson

Age: 18

LVL: 3 [XP 108/144]

HP | 14/30

MP | 0/0

Status Effects: +10% Speed, +10% Defense

-

||Attributes||

[Str] - 24

[Con] - 16 (+2)

[Agi] - 23

[Dex] - 13

[Int] - 18

[Luk] - 12

[Cha] - 9

[Stat Points]: 0

-

||Skills||

Inspect [Lv.2], Map [Lv.2], Help [Lv.1], Storage [Lv.1], Mind Palace [Lv.1] (Cooldown: 20 Hours), Self Defense [LV.2], Boxing [LV.2], Karate [LV.2], Kung Fu (Unspecialized) [LV.2], Wrestling [LV.1], Judo [LV.1], Kickboxing [LV.1], Interpersonal Communication [LV.1], Basic Survival [LV.1], Running [LV.2], Freerunning [LV.2]

-

||Quests||

-General-

Reach LVL 5 [3/5] [Reward: +10 Unassigned Stat Points, +1 Artifact]

Compete in an event and win [Reward: +1 All Stats, +75xp]

Survive [Reward: +1 Unassigned Skill Point, +5 Unassigned Stat Points, +100xp]

-

-Daily-

*Daily quests not available in beta*

||Equipped||

Feet: Sports Shoes of Bursting Speed (Ability: Speed Burst)

||Storage||

-Items [4/25]-

Used Bullet [1], Gun [1], Knife [1], Smart Phone [1]

__________