"Ready?" He smiled.

"Ready."

***

"Do you know how long we've been waiting for this day?"

"Who me or you?"

"I've been waitin for you to find somebody! You're such a catch." Laughter. She looked up at Hiroto who had draped himself over her, his arms loosely around her.

"When did it happen?"

"A week ago."

"You've been dating a whole week and ain't say nothin to nobody!" Aiko sucked her teeth, a grin on her face.

"Well you ain't say nothin bout you and Bu neither." She blushed.

"Y'all wasn't payin no attention."

"How did you guys connect?" Tobu cleared his throat and ruffled his hair.

"I thought she was pretty. Very pretty. So I say to myself I have to talk to her. We met at train station and she was warm person." Aiko smiled at him.

"It's been us ever since. He took me out for hot chocolate this one time and I haven't wanted to drink it with anybody else since then." Tobu blushed.

"Her heart is happy. So before school, I finally ask her if she would be my girlfriend." Tobu said with a wink.

"Y'all can guess what I said." Aiko giggled and slowly slid her fingers through Tobu's. He sighed and smiled happily. Rae eyed her two friends, the grin on her face so wide it was hurting her cheeks. Finally.. Tobu was such a wonderful guy. He was kind and hilarious but full of life. He was perfect for Aiko. A bit more laid back, he seemed to balance out her loud personality. Aiko looked happy too. At first, she had wondered if she had gave Tobu a chance because her crush on Hiroto didn't come through. Call it what you will, she found it hard to believe a crush like that could just disappear in a couple months. But... looking at Aiko, she felt happy. It seemed as though she had buried her crush on Hiroto and truly opened up her heart to someone else, someone good.

"I'm happy for you Aiko! Y'all look happy."

"Thank you!"

"I guess we should be getting home." Tobu spoke, holding Aiko's hand close to him. Everyone nodded.

"Rae, we're going to have to do another girl night. It's been cancelled lately since your boo became your man." She sucked her teeth and laughed. She felt Roto's lips smile against her cheek.

"Well..."

"Text me. We can figure somethin out."

"Cool."

"Okay. See y'all."

"Bye."

"Are you ready?" With his body on her like a blanket, his arms around her she felt safe. She never wanted to step outside of them. She sighed.

"I'm nervous as all hell."

"They are not going to change anything. It's done. There is nothing they can say that will change it."

"I know."

"Everything will be okay mm?"

"Okay..." It was going to have to be okay. She was in there. Hiroto had already included her in the upcoming Hanami celebration and everything. As he said it, she was only taking her rightful place at his side. She looked up at him as he led her down the street. So reminiscent of the first times she met him. She remembered how in awe she was of him. His parents were going to have to deal with it. They had done enough to them. She'd be damned if she let anything else get in the way of her and him.