18 - the owner of her heart

Start from the beginning

Jisoo blushed, not expecting Tiffany's question. She heaved a little sigh, then looked straight into Tiffany's eyes, which were practically identical to Chaeyoung's. "Yes. I...I am." She answered, feeling her cheeks redden even more.

Tiffany smiled, trying to stop herself from squealing out loud. "Does the lucky girl happen to be someone I know?" She teased, wriggling her eyebrows as she tried not to laugh when she saw the raven gulping.

"Um...uh...yeah. You...um...know her. Very well." Jisoo answered uneasily, scratching her head shyly.

That made Tiffany chuckle. She patted Jisoo's head gently, standing up to leave her daughter's room. "I know her very well, huh? By the way, dear, you should definitely listen to your advice. I should tell you good luck, but I don't think any luck is needed in this case." She said softly, winking at Jisoo mischievously as she walked out of the room.

The raven just sat there on the bed, speechless. Follow your advice, Tiffany had told her. 'But what did she mean by that? What advice should I follow? When did I give any advice?' She thought, a wail leaving her lips as her back fell onto the soft mattress.

Then it hit Jisoo like a thunderstorm.

The story that Tiffany had told, it was a reference to her and Chaeyoung.

But there was no way.

There was no way that Chaeyoung liked her back.

Yeah, no way.

-

-

-

-

-

"What did you and my mother talk about?" A voice was heard from the doorway, startling Jisoo so much that she bounced up.

Chaeyoung was standing in front of the door, which she had apparently just closed. She was biting her lips and rubbing her hands together softly, and on top of that, there was a tint of coral present on her cheeks.

She had just come up, to join the conversation that Jisoo and her mother had been having, just to see Tiffany leaving the room and winking at her. So she was left alone with her crush.

"I—um...I...Chu, are you still...are you still upset with me?" Chaeyoung asked slowly, nervously playing with her nails.

Jisoo had never really seen that side of Chaeyoung before, the nervous, embarrassed and shy side, and she found her very, very cute. However, she wasn't going to let the blonde off so easily. Deciding to play pretend, a frown appeared on her face as she turned her head sideways with pouty lips, adding a tiny 'hmph', refusing to look at Chaeyoung.

Eyes widening, Chaeyoung instantly walked over to Jisoo, slightly panicking. "I...I'm sorry!! Please don't be mad at me, it's not that you're not important to me!! You are! I just...I just didn't realise that you would want to know. I'm sorry, please forgive me..." She pleaded, moving her hands in front of Jisoo's face to make her look at her.

Jisoo raised an eyebrow, eyeing Chaeyoung for a minute. That made Chaeyoung gulp nervously, not understanding what the raven meant by the gesture. She was still panicking, well, until a mischievous grin slowly formed on Jisoo's face.

The blonde looked unsure for three seconds, then exhaled in relief. "My god!!! Are you kidding me?? I thought you were really upset with me!" She exclaimed, placing a hand over her chest dramatically.

Hearing so, Jisoo burst out in laughter. "You thought I was mad?? Sure, I was a bit upset and confused, but no, I wouldn't get mad at you for such a little thing." She said, leaning into Chaeyoung's body for a hug.

Wrapping Jisoo up in her arms, the blonde shook her head in disbelief. "Of course i thought you were mad at me! You quite literally stomped out of the dining room, and you also quite literally refused to look at me when i came in a moment ago." She clarified.

"Hmm...I guess you do have a point." Jisoo said, placing a finger under her chin as she pretended to analyse their interactions. Subsequently, she beamed with joy, teasing Chaeyoung. "But then, I did that intentionally."

"The stomping-out-of-the-dining-room or the glaring?" Chaeyoung raised her eyebrows, challenging the raven.

Giving Chaeyoung a dirty look, Jisoo scoffed and turned her head away. "I did not stomp out of the dining room."

"You sure did."

"I did not."

"As if I'd believe you."

"I'm telling the truth!"

"Sure you are."

Junghoon stood by the doorway as he silently watched his daughter and soon-to-be daughter in law bicker about silly matters. He saw the looks of happiness in both their eyes, making him euphoric. He loved his daughter to bits, and he could not be happier that her daughter had given her heart to Jisoo.

He could tell that Jisoo loved her daughter back just as much as her daughter loved her, but they were both so clueless about each other's feelings.

However, despite his daughter's density, Chaeyoung was never one to back down. The moment she had laid eyes on Jisoo, the moment she had realised her feelings for the raven, she sworn to herself that no matter how things ended up, she would still give it a try.

She would never give up, she would do all she could to win Jisoo's heart.

Little did she know, though, the raven's heart was already hers.

-

to be continued <3