2. The Phone

(Short chapter!)

*CLICK*

Tombstone steps into the living room, a dim light switched on, and sits down at the table with the phone he took from the narco he killed. Looking up at the clock, the mercenary sees the current time. 03:30. Tombstone unlocks the phone, mildly surprised to see no password.

He inspects the text messages, curious as to who 'K' is as the narco was speaking with this mysterious profile. Tombstone scrolls up, reading older messages from the profile and the narco. He reads a message that's 2 days old.

<[Готово. Вам заплатили. Когда придут войска?]
(It's done. You've been paid. When are the troops coming?)

K<[2 дня.]
(2 days.)

Tombstone raises a brow, curious about who or what this contact is with the mention of 'troops'. He scrolls down to the latest messages, seeing 'K' say that the contract has been cancelled. The mercenary grows curious before leaning back and thinking.

Tombstone's Thoughts: {ჯარები, კონტრაქტი... ეს დაქირავებულები არიან? რუსი დაქირავებულები?}
(Troops, contract... Are these mercenaries? Russian mercenaries?)

Tombstone sighs, his right hand forming a fist which he rests on the table. He uses his left hand to hold the phone and reads the messages once more, re-reading the moment when the 'contract' was cancelled.

Tombstone: "Რა ხდება?"
(What's going on?)

Before he can dig further, the screen cuts off to black; the battery has died. Tombstone sighs, takes the phone, turns off the lights and returns to the bedroom where he sees Selena fast asleep in bed with a large spot for Tombstone in front of her.

Tombstone places the phone on the side with a charger in it and proceeds to lie with her and cuddle Selena, pulling her close to him as he falls asleep with questions in his head.

"არის რაიმე სქემა?"
(Is there some sort of scheme?)

"უნდა ინერვიულო?"
(Should I worry?)

To be continued...