Chapter 33

A faint sensation of sweetness and blush-inducing heartbeats wafted through the air.

Ren Li and Pei Jingling both keenly caught the whispered exclamation from the backseat, "Wow, so sweet," along with the furtive glances filled with gossip.

Ren Li knew that in the eyes of other players, he and Pei Jingling probably looked like a couple, and he understood the implication of that sigh.

But... they weren't really a couple, so what's with the sweetness?

Suddenly feeling a bit flustered, Ren Li's expression became even colder, gritting his teeth inwardly as he thought, Pei Jingling is intentionally acting cute in front of me again, what's so sweet about it? He definitely deserves a beating!

Pei Jingling, on the other hand, just chuckled lightly, a hint of teasing in his eyes as he looked at Ren Li.

Ren Li's throat moved slightly as he turned his head away, avoiding Pei Jingling's gaze.

Grabbing his arms and pulling them away from around his neck, Ren Li said sternly, "Enough, don't...".

Thinking about the others in the backseat, he swallowed the word "flirting" back and corrected himself, "Stop fooling around, be serious."

Pei Jingling sensed his hesitation but didn't tease him further, straightening up his tilted body.

Ren Li let out a sigh, his gaze falling on the alien corpse lying outside, and he said, "We've probably been driving for close to half an hour from crossing the border to here."

"The car can't move now," getting down to business, Pei Jingling also quickly became serious, adding, "With our pace, time is a bit tight."

"Then let's cut the crap," Ren Li opened the door, grabbed things from the car, and said to the soft and cute girl and the guide in the backseat, "Get off, go talk to the people in the front car."

The soft and cute girl and the guide, enduring nausea, nodded quickly and got off, following Ren Li towards the van.

Ten people sat together again.

Now everyone instinctively looked at Ren Li, waiting for him to speak first.

Ren Li didn't beat around the bush either, his gaze sharp as he went straight to the point, "Everyone should have seen the situation just now, right? The alien we encountered this time is not on the same level as the ones we've encountered before, in terms of appearance or attack power."

Everyone nodded, and the female soldier said calmly, "Its reaction speed is extremely fast, and its shell is much harder, very difficult to deal with."

"Now that the car is out of gas, and the aliens are still so tough to deal with. Damn it, it turns out everything before was just a bluff! Not to mention not knowing the way, even if we knew it, I'm afraid we won't even make it to the edge of the hospital!"

"Life is full of ups and downs, but the key is to grasp it well. Brothers, even if we feel lost in our hearts, we still have to go through it together!"

While a few people were talking nonsense, the soft and cute girl and the guide were not in the mood.

The soft and cute girl couldn't help but shiver with goosebumps when she remembered the face behind the glass just now, rubbing her arms with lingering fear, "How could it be so different? The previous ones at least looked somewhat human in terms of body shape, but now it's like they've been injected with hormones... so disgusting..."

The soft and cute girl got to the point again, Ren Li glanced at her meaningfully and said, "You're right, at least before they somewhat looked human."

"In addition to their body shape, a more intuitive difference should be that although the previous aliens also had many scales covering their bodies, there were still many parts of their bodies that were normal human skin."