Chapter 5

Pushing open the door, Ren Li allowed Li to turn on the light that had been turned off just before leaving and observed the room.

The furnishings in the room were roughly the same, but there were changes in some details.

Two suitcases appeared in the room, and Ren Li walked over, opening them to find clothes and some basic daily necessities inside.

Taking out the clothes and checking the sizes, they were his own size. According to the game background, these should be the luggage brought by their "purifiers."

The wardrobe door in front still had a slight tilt, indicating that someone had used it. Ren Li opened the door, finding various clothes hanging inside—both women's and men's clothing.

Ren Li looked through them; the women's clothing was loose-fitting, with a light and soft texture, indicating considerable value.

There were also some clothes with similar tones, patterns, and design concepts, especially qipaos and traditional Chinese clothing, clearly a shared wardrobe for couples.

It seemed that this bedroom should be the master bedroom.

Ren Li closed the wardrobe door and walked towards the bed he had just lain on.

On the bedside table were some small ornaments, including a kylin and a pixiu.

Lifting the pillow, some jade stones were underneath. Ren Li picked one up, feeling its smooth and oily surface with a slight roughness. A gentle push with the fingertip gave the sensation that the oil might melt on the fingertips.

This touch told Ren Li that it was a high-quality jade stone, and looking at its irregular appearance, it seemed to be in its raw state.

Ren Li squinted his eyes, re-evaluating the room's decorations, and then placed the jade stone and the pillow back in their original positions.

He then approached the desk. There were scattered papers on it, and Ren Li picked up one to examine. It had phrases written on it, accompanied by meanings. It seemed to be names.

"Jing Zi," "Qing Yi," "Mu Qing," "Yi De"...

These should be names chosen for their children.

Ren Li pulled open a drawer, finding a notebook inside.

Opening the notebook, there was a photo tucked into the front page.

The protagonists in the photo were a man and a woman, both dressed in red traditional Chinese wedding attire. The woman coyly lifted her veil, and the man had a large embroidered ball hanging from his chest, gazing at her with a happy smile on both of their faces.

This must be a wedding photo. Ren Li took out the photo, flipping it over. On the back, it read, "Today we got our marriage certificate!" followed by a signature and the date, February 17th.

Ren Li was carefully perusing the contents of the notebook when he heard extremely slow footsteps behind him and noticeably restrained breathing.

His gaze suddenly sharpened, and he naturally set down the notebook in his hands.

In the next moment, he turned sideways. Before he could even see who was behind him, he had already directly restrained the person's neck, pressing them against the wall with one hand.

The palm felt cool and smooth, just like the jade stone he had been playing with earlier.

Then a pair of beautiful peach blossom eyes entered his line of sight.

It was Pei Jingling.

Pei Jingling's fair neck was tilted slightly due to the grip, and the instant sensation of suffocation made his red lips slightly part, emitting a small tremor.