𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹

Start from the beginning

Grover paused, his expression softening as he glanced at Enid. "And let's not forget about Enid. She's been through a lot too, you know. She's a part of this too, whether we like it or not."

Enid blinked rapidly, her eyebrows knitting together in confusion as she processed Grover's words.

"Why are you talking like this?" Annabeth questioned, furrowing her brow in confusion.

"Because all day I've been trying to keep this quest on track without upsetting either of you. But maybe things need to get a little upsetting before they move forward," Grover exclaimed, his frustration evident in his tone as he voiced his pent-up concerns.

"She asked you a question back in the woods, and you never really answered," Grover pointed out to Percy, his voice carrying a hint of reproach as he brought up the unresolved issue from earlier. "What are you so afraid of?"

"What are you talking about?" Percy asked, his brows furrowing in confusion.

Grover's expression firm as he reiterated, "You heard me.

Percy's voice wavered slightly as he spoke the words, "I don't know." But Enid could sense the subtle undertone of deception in his tone. There was something he wasn't telling them.

"I think you do," Grover interjected, his tone serious as he locked eyes with Percy, silently urging him to confront whatever truth he was hiding. "You've been fighting with her, you've been fighting with me, and you even been fighting with Enid."

"Because the Oracle said one of you would betray me. Okay?" Percy confessed, his voice laced with a mixture of fear and resignation.

Enid exchanged a glance with Annabeth and Grover, her expression a mixture of disbelief and concern.

Percy recited the ominous prophecy, the weight of its words hanging heavy in the air. "You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend and you shall fail to save what matters most in the end," he repeated, each syllable infused with a sense of foreboding. "That's the rest of what she said to me."

Percy's gaze shifted to Enid, his expression a mix of sorrow and apprehension as he silently grappled with the implications of the prophecy. There was a flicker of uncertainty in his eyes as he searched her face, silently questioning whether she could truly be the friend destined to betray him.

"I chose her because I couldn't imagine we'd ever be friends," Percy confessed, his voice tinged with vulnerability as he spoke about Annabeth. "I chose you because I thought if I can count on anyone to be on my side, no matter what, it was you."

Percy's gaze shifted to Enid, a faint hint of regret in his eyes. "And I chose Enid because... well, let's be honest, she's never been afraid to speak her mind, even if it means ruffling a few feathers," he admitted with a wry smile. "with her no-nonsense attitude, i never would have imagined us being friends."

Enid's smile faltered at Percy's words, a pang of hurt flickering in her eyes despite her attempts to hide it. Deep down, Enid couldn't help but feel stung by Percy's admission, realizing that perhaps her outspoken nature had distanced her from forming deeper connections.

"And now, I'm feeling so alone. I don't know what to think or who to trust," Percy admitted, his voice heavy, unaware of the hurt his words had caused Enid. Percy's gaze shifted to her, his eyes widening in realization as he noticed the hurt flickering in her expression. "I didn't mean it that way."