.033 | if jane insists

k

k. - cigarettes after sex
think i like best when you're just
with me
and no one else.

( PRESENT

( PRESENT. )

JACK was the first to arrive back in michigan. jane had booked a later flight which she knew was a mistake now. it only got delayed one hour due to the snow storm that rolled in through michigan. jack informed her that quinn wasn't getting in till tomorrow, which made her frown as she neared the airport. jack took it upon himself to nap, begging jane to let him pick her up after her flight.

the two were both excited to see each other. jane wanted her dad to pick her up, not wanting anyone to risk driving in the storm. she remembered when jacks car slid into the ditch years ago.

she felt safer in a truck and when she walked from the baggage claim she embraced her dad. there was something in the air, the feeling of christmas around but it was something she hasn't felt in a long time.

it was like everything was right again, her inner child coming out as they drove home. it was meant to be like this and everyone knew it.

the familiar street, the snow falling. it was perfect and she couldn't wait.

she jumped out of the truck, her dad rounding the back of the car to grab her things. she eyed the house, a small smile coming to her lips as the front door opened. she couldn't see him, the front of the truck blocking her view. "i think there's someone waiting to see you." her dad smiled even though jane couldn't see. she couldn't wait to hug him, be with him.

the smile was on her lips as she made her way in front of the truck. the person standing there had a grin on his face but it wasn't jack.

quinn stepped off the porch steps with a smile, his hair perfectly hidden in a beanie. he didn't even bother putting on a jacket, slip on shoes would do just fine.