Old Curses

Portugal, 1498 

No one POV 

Anne stood with Manuel and they looked at each other and they looked over as Richard was put in chains and Anne held Miguel closer to her. 

Richard looked at Anne and said "I will not harm your son, he is an innocent, Anne, and perhaps he can bring peace as well." 

Anne glared at him and held her son close to her. 

Henry said "Do not speak to my daughter again. Take him away." 

Richard was taken away and Lizzie said "We will head back to England now, but do send us ravens on how everything is well." 

Anne nodded and Henry said "May I?" and she handed him Miguel and Henry said "We do have to leave now, but we will visit again, I promise." 

He smiled at him and hugged Anne and said "If anything goes wrong, you let me know" and Anne said "You as well, Father, please, do what you have to do, and if you need our help." 

Manuel said "We will happily give it" and Henry said "Thank you, Look out for my daughter, won't you." 

Manuel said "That's all I wish to do." 

Henry smiled and handed Miguel to Anne and Henry hugged her and she hugged back. 

England 

Duchess Margaret, Maggie and other York loyalists were sitting around a table and Duchess Margaret said " I want her writing to Scotland, not weeping for her infant. " 

Someone said "Henry will kill Prince Richard before our messenger is out of London..." and Duchcess Margaret said "No, he won't..They are returning from Portugal.  I say we gather behind Warwick, even if he is simple minded..." and Maggie said "Lizzie will not let Henry kill him. She knows he is her brother. Summon your men, my lords. The duchess is right. The time to strike is now." 

Duchess Margaret said "All this time, I thought you were the petite fleur tremblante. But now look at you. A blazing white rose. Be my eyes and ears?". 

Maggie said " Cathy will stay here with you. She has no reason to return to Court. They will simply think she's run." 

At Portugal 

Anne was holding Miguel and kissed him on the cheek and said "Oh ,look look at the duckies, yeah they're beautiful duckies." 

She kissed him on the cheek and Manuel walked up and said "You worry too much, it's starting to show, someone so beautiful shouldn't worry." 

Anne smiled and said "I know what your trying to do, calm me down with compliments, and I wish it helped." 

Manuel said "Hey" and he grabbed her hand and said "Your father will defeat this pretender, he will die, and your brothers will be okay, your brother will be King of England, Your other brother will be the Duke of York, and our son will be King of Portugal someday." 

He smiled at him and said "Yes, you will" and Miguel smiled and Manuel said "What a King you will be, and we will teach him kindness, he can be modled into a King of the people, it's like you say he won't rule with fear, and he will be loved of course, he is the son of the People's Queen." 

Anne smiled and said "I don't look forward to him being King,because that means I will lose you" and Manuel said "That won't be for a very long time, we'll be together you and I, now come on what do you see for our future." 

Anne said "Really" and Manuel said "Yes, just think of it" and Anne said "I want us to have more children, daughters and sons, Brothers and sisters for Miguel."