English Blood On English Soil

An: For the purpose of this story, this will be set during 1496-1497.  The next episode will be set between in 1497-1498. 

Manuel I of Portugal 

1496, The Tower 

No one POV 

Anne was standing on the balcony next to Arthur, who was next to Harry, and Margaret Tudor who was next to Lizzie who was next to Henry. 

William Stanley was brought up for his execution and Arthur whispered "Annie, I don't wish to see this." 

Anne whispered "You shouldn't do so" and Arthur whispered "Father says I should, as a future King." 

Anne whisper "Yes, when your King, you'll have to watch this, but not now, you have many years. Don't look." 

Sir William Stanley was brought up to the block and looked up and said "Before I die...You are not a king, nor fit to be one. England rots beneath you." 

Lizzie grabbed Henry's hand, and Arthur looked over at Anne and Anne side hugged him. 

Sir William said "Men weep. So, kill me. And you will kill many others after me. Men who will line up to say, "Long live the true, able "King... Richard.""

He was then executed by the blade, Princess Margaret hugged Lizzie to look away, Arthur looked away while holding Anne's hand and Anne also looked away. The only one to keep looking was Harry, Lizzie and Henry. 

Henry walked away and looked at Arthur and said "Arthur. You will never wear the crown if you cannot watch a traitor die." 

Anne said "Father." 

Henry walked away and Anne looked at him and said "Don't feel bad for this, you have many years to be a good king and to learn, you don't need to rush to this. You have a good heart, Arthur, those with good hearts rule with goodness and that is not a weakness it a strength, Love is a much better tool than fear." 

Arthur smiled and they hugged. Lizzie smiled at them. 

In the Gardens 

Henry was sitting down and Lizzie sat down next to him and Henry said "If the man who won the field at Bosworth for me could betray me, then...". 

Lizzie said "The rest are loyal. " 

Henry said "Are they? Are you? " and Lizzie said "Of course I am. I saw your face. The day of Harry's ennobling banquet. When your mother said your brother Richard lives. You couldn't look at me. As you can't now." 

Lizzie said "Henry, we... We...  I wanted to tell you. Oh, God. Please. What my mother said, there was some truth in it! We put a servant boy in the Tower in my brother Richard's place and we sent him off to safety. When you sent soldiers to bring me to Westminster as your wife, my brother was with us. We hid him when your men arrived."