BY THE OCEAN

The early morning sun cast a golden glow over the hospital courtyard as Jake and Sunghoon made their way towards the ocean, the sound of crashing waves beckoning them closer.

Excitement bubbled within Jake as he urged Sunghoon to join him, eager to share the breathtaking view of the ocean that lay just beyond the hospital walls. Sunghoon, though initially hesitant, nodded in agreement, intrigued by Jake's enthusiasm.

As they approached the hospital entrance, Jake paused to check in with Nurse Emily, seeking permission for their brief excursion. Nurse Emily greeted them with a warm smile, her eyes filled with concern as she inquired about their medication.

"Have you two taken your pills?" Nurse Emily asked, her voice gentle yet firm.

"I did! I drank two of them, just like you said," Jake replied eagerly, his enthusiasm infectious.

Sunghoon nodded in confirmation, his tone curt as he affirmed his compliance with Nurse Emily's instructions.

"Alright then, make sure to come back before your check-up later. I trust you two," Nurse Emily said, her smile widening at the sight of Jake's excitement.

"Thanks, Nurse Emily!" Jake chirped before tugging Sunghoon along, his eagerness palpable as they stepped outside into the crisp morning air.

As they reached the railing overlooking the ocean, Jake's eyes widened with awe at the breathtaking view before him. The endless expanse of shimmering blue stretched out before them, the gentle rhythm of the waves soothing his soul.

But as Jake stood there, taking in the beauty of the scene, a chill crept over him, causing him to shiver involuntarily. Sunghoon noticed Jake's discomfort and without hesitation, he shrugged off his jacket and draped it over Jake's shoulders.

"Here, take this," Sunghoon said softly, his voice carrying a warmth that belied his usual aloof demeanor.

Jake's heart swelled with gratitude as he wrapped himself in Sunghoon's jacket, the fabric offering a comforting shield against the morning chill. In that moment, beneath the vast expanse of sky and sea, Jake felt a profound sense of connection with Sunghoon, a bond forged not only by shared experiences but by acts of kindness and compassion. And as they stood side by side, gazing out at the ocean, Jake knew that he was not alone—that no matter what challenges lay ahead, he had a friend by his side, ready to support him every step of the way.

The morning breeze carried a sense of serenity as Sunghoon and Jake stood by the ocean, their conversation drifting between moments of light heartedness and heartfelt sincerity.

"Have we been together in one room for over two weeks now?" Sunghoon's voice broke the tranquility, his words tinged with a sense of contemplation.

"Yeah! Time flies so fast, right?" Jake replied, his tone light as he echoed Sunghoon's sentiment.

But as Sunghoon's expression turned serious, Jake sensed a shift in the conversation, a weight settling over them like a heavy fog.

"You don't mind, right?" Sunghoon's gaze bore into Jake's, his eyes filled with a sincerity that caught Jake off guard.

"What?" Jake's voice wavered with uncertainty, his heart rate quickening as he searched Sunghoon's face for answers.

"Jake... I want you to be with me," Sunghoon said, his voice soft yet resolute as he laid bare his feelings.

"I'm already with you, Sunghoon," Jake replied, confusion evident in his tone as he struggled to comprehend Sunghoon's words.

But Sunghoon's next words brought clarity to the situation, his sincerity piercing through Jake's confusion like a beacon in the darkness.

"No, not like that. I want us more," Sunghoon continued, his eyes locking with Jake's as he bared his heart for all to see.

"More?" Jake's voice faltered, his mind racing as he grappled with the weight of Sunghoon's confession.

And then, in a moment that took Jake by surprise, Sunghoon uttered the words that would change everything.

"Jake, let's be boyfriends."

Jake's breath caught in his throat, his heart pounding with a mixture of shock and elation. He was speechless, his mind reeling as he struggled to process the enormity of Sunghoon's declaration.

But before he could form a coherent response, Sunghoon's arms enveloped him in a tight embrace, his warmth offering solace in the midst of Jake's inner turmoil.

"Why not?! Let's be one!" Jake exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement as he hugged Sunghoon tightly, his heart overflowing with joy at the prospect of a new beginning.

In that moment, beneath the vast expanse of sky and sea, Jake and Sunghoon embarked on a journey together—a journey filled with love, laughter, and the promise of a future bright with possibilities. And as they stood there, wrapped in each other's arms, they knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, united in their newfound love and unwavering commitment to one another.