"That's cute, but who likes girls with short height?" I questioned, inwardly cringing at the answer I anticipated.

"Me, Dumbo," Aditya admitted, looking away

"I am not 'dumbo' " i said hitting him jokingly

"Ohh yes you are " he said chuckling

Then aditya arrived

"Why do you guys always talk and laugh when I am not around?" Aditya questioned, his tone a mix of curiosity and mild annoyance.

"It's our choice, and because you were busy flirting with that girl, of course, you missed our wonderful conversation," I retorted with a playful smirk.

"Ohh, hello! Who said I was flirting... I was just asking her if she could make my project file, and she's not even my type," Aditya declared, defending his actions.

"Isn't she your type? She has long straight hairs, beautiful eyes, and she is tall.Now what?" I asked in disbelief, my incredulity evident in my tone.

"So you have memorized my checklist? Huh!?" Aditya smirked, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"You are unbelievable... we have talked about this just 20 minutes ago!!" I exclaimed, shaking my head in mock exasperation. The air filled with laughter as our banter continued.

Natasha, always ready to add her two cents, chimed in, "Divyaanka, you seriously have his checklist memorized? That's impressive dedication."

I rolled my eyes, dismissing her remark with a playful scoff. "It's hard not to when he talks about it every chance he gets."

Aditya, now leaning against a desk, crossed his arms with a smirk. "Well, my checklist is just a set of preferences, not a binding contract."

Vansh, who had been observing the banter with an amused expression, finally spoke up. "Preferences or not, Aditya, you can't deny that your taste seems to change every time someone new catches your eye."

Aditya feigned innocence. "Oh, come on! I'm just open to possibilities."

Natasha, added fuel to the fire. "Maybe Divyaanka should help you make a more consistent checklist, Aditya."

I raised an eyebrow, playing along. "Oh, absolutely! We can have a checklist revision session every week. What do you say, Aditya?" And He chuckled

The bell rang, signaling the end of the banter-filled session. As we gathered our belongings, laughter lingered in the air, reminding us that amidst the occasional teasing, our friendship was built on a foundation of shared jokes and playful camaraderie.

As Aditya walked out of the classroom, he turned to me with a grin. "Divyaanka, next time you decide to critique my checklist, make sure to bring some popcorn. It's going to be entertaining."

"Sure why not " I said hitting with my notebook

Suddenly we noticed Natasha's father and we all greeted him

"Dad ,you here? She asked clearly surprised

"Ohh today is half-day right? So I thought I should pick you up today !"
He said ohh shit I forgot that today is half day that's why bus didn't came

"Ohh yay!! Okay bye guysss!" She chimmed and left

"Divyaanka let me drop you "Aditya said

"Noo..don't worry i will go by auto"I said

"Vansh ...take my bike I'll take it tomorrow..." He said

"Why?" I raised my eyebrow

"Because I am accompanying a cartoon...chl ab " he said

Third persons pov

Sitting in an auto with her thoughts, Divyaanka pondered the dynamics of their friendship. She questioned whether Aditya's comment was a reflection of his true feelings or just a casual jest. The uncertainty weighed on her, and she couldn't shake the lingering hurt.

Divyaanka decided to address the situation. "Hey, about what you said in lunch break... was it just a joke, or did you mean what you said?"

Aditya, caught off guard by the sincerity in Divyaanka's eyes, realized the impact of his words. "Oh, Divyaanka, I didn't mean to hurt you. It was just a joke, you know how I am with my teasing. I didn't think it would bother you....and it shouldn't hurt you because I know you don't like me and i would never date you ..you are my best friend...you know that right? So just chill that was a joke"

Divyaanka nodded,"I get it, Aditya, but sometimes jokes can hit a little too close to home. Let's keep it lighthearted without crossing those lines, okay?"

Aditya, realizing the unintended consequences of his words, apologized sincerely. "I'm sorry, Divyaanka. I'll be more mindful in the future."

Divyaanka smiled, accepting the apology.

To be continued

Author's note

Hey!!
How are you guyss!!! Please vote and comment your views about the chapter
And about the late update ...I just changed my job so I was busy but I will update regularly from now onwards
And I have decided to set some vote targets 😅🫣
Vote target: 10 votes please!!
Bye bye love you💗