Waking up, he was warm in his bed with his blanket over his shoulder.
Absently, he realized he fell asleep in his rocking chair meaning Ghirahim must have moved him.
Opening his eyes, he didn't see the demon, but Link could sense him somewhere outside his sword.
For awhile, he allowed himself to relax and drift back to sleep, going in and out of awareness.
"How long do you plan on staying there?"
A smooth voice came from his doorway.
Link pulled the blanket over his head, to tired to think.
"Forever."
He mumbled.
A scoff was heard.
"Who knew you were such a lazy Master."
"I saved the world, why can't I sleep as long as I want?"
Link turned on his stomach and stretched, wrapping his arms around his pillow before burying his face in it.
"Because you need to get up and eat a proper meal, your nutrient intake has been lacking over the past few days."
Link merely groaned at the words.
There was a pulse of irritation, and Link work up just the slightest bit.
He knew, but he hadn't really processed it was Ghirahim trying to get him from bed until he felt it from their bond.
Since when did Ghirahim try to wake him from bed?
Nutrient intake?
Link turned his head and looked blearily at Ghirahim.
He was leaning against the doorframe, his arms crossed and a disapproving look to his face.
His cape wasn't anywhere to be seen, Link hadn't realized, but it hadn't been on yesterday either.
Ghirahim's always had a strong frame but...
"You look thin."
Link said without really thinking, the thought perked him up with concern.
"You're the one that needs more nutrients."
Link rolled over before he sat up.
Ghirahim's cheeks were flushed.
"Thin?! I am not thin!"
Ghirahim snapped back, bit it wasn't harsh, if was defensive, and there was an underlying insecurity, but Link knew that was more of because he was still on the Link was now his master thing and he was still worried about being in trouble.
Ghirahim was waiting for him to respond.
Link rubbed his eyes as his legs swung over the edge of the bed.
"You look healthier, and you have no eyebags so dramatic I thought they were makeup anymore, but you definitely had better muscle definition before."
"And how would you know? I am the pinnacle of health!"
Link looked over Ghirahim once more.
Well, Link did almost kill him so it shouldn't be surprising.
How did he make Ghirahim better?
"Are you even listening to me?"
Link's eyes met Ghirahims.
Yes, he was.
"I know because I watched you, if I didn't I was liable to be ran through."
Link said with a small huff, he ran his hand through his hair.
If Ghirahim needed nutrients, he needed blood, didn't he?
"I'm not sure how this works, but if you need my blood then it's okay to ask. You can have it."
For a moment, Link thought Ghirahim was going to continue insisting he was fine, but his eyes turned down and he fell quiet.
"Ghirahim?"
Link tried softly, this was new territory, caution definitly wasn't going to hurt.
"You are different...then what I have had before."
Ghirahim said quietly.
"A mix of mortal and divine."
Link was a mortal, but he figured the Divine part was from all of the blessings bestowed upon him, and the aftermath of the Triforce.
"You're soul, it's one of a kind. Not a God, but nor are you a mortal. You have such power...you have the Hero's soul."
"Soul?"
Link asked, he wasn't sure how blood and his soul correlated.
"Body and soul are not as separated as you believe. A taste of blood is a sample of the soul, I can't eat your soul, not without a long ritual, but I can sense it, it's strong..."
Link nodded and tried to form his own conclusions.
"Are you worried it's going to be...bad, or good?"
Ghirahim flinched, and Link could feel his apprehension to answer.
"I've tasted your blood before, you were not so strong then, but it was..."
Ghirahim looked...embarassed?
"-the most lucious thing I had ever tasted. It was only bearable because it was seeping with hate...I can hardly imagine drinking with permission."
Ghirahim's hand went to his mouth as if he was trying to contain himself.
Link felt in their bond that Ghirahim was excited at the prospect of drinking from him.
He was ravenous for it.
"It's going so be so rich, so flavorful with your trials, and so powerful."
Ghirahim wasn't looking at him, but Link could see the glint of hunger on his eyes.
Link heard a vibration come from his desk and wondered if he should have asked Ghirahim for more details about this before offering.
Ghirahim was so ruffled by the offer, his blade was pulsing from his control slipping.
Though, it did make Link curious, blood was blood.
Of course, he was also Hylian.
There was no going back, Link could see it in Ghirahim.
"Come on then."
Link said, when Ghirahim looked up, his eyes were one of a predator, so hungry and feral.
Link didn't know how Ghirahim had been hiding this so far, maybe the Demon hadn't thought about it, that was the only explanation he could think of.
"You...are sure about this offer?"
Link wasn't going to take it away after seeing Ghirahim so frayed, so he nodded.
Ghirahim moved so quick Link would mistake it for magic if not for already seeing it in battle and knowing it was different.
The dip in the bed behind him happened so suddenly Link began tipping back, but he was only met with a firm chest.
Ghirahim's long legs cuved lightly and bracketed him in as one arm lopped around his waist and the other brushed his hair to the right side of his shoulder, exposing his left.
Link shuddered as a longer then average tounge licked our over his shoulder.
It was...disturbing to say the least.
Well, first off he had never been licked before, and back when they were enemies, Ghirahim freaked him out with his tounge.
He wasn't going to, but it made Link wonder if he could actually break out of the grip he was held in, the arm around his waist tightened, as of sensing the thought.
Link felt the long gloves Ghirahim wore were catching on his shirt.
"Tale these off."
He murmered, tugging at the edge of the glove.
They vanished before Link could take another breath.
"Master."
Ghirahim whispered, almost reverently.
Link winced, not expecting the sudden pain of the bite to his shoulder without warning.
Goddess, when did Ghirahim's teeth become so sharp?
They didn't stay in his shoulder for long though, as soon as the teeth retracted just the slightest bit, the blood came flowing.
Ghirahim didn't hesitate.
Link didn't know how long it took for a blush to burn his face and heat his ears, but the sounds Ghirahim made were so utterly obscene that Link wanted desperately to hide his face, but he would get growled at quite literally if he so much as shifted.
Ghirahim sounded like he had never had anything better in his life, and Link even heard his sword pulsating on the desk.
The tall Demon's legs had curled so they were almost criss cross, and Link had to pull up his knees.
Ghirahim had him in his grips.
Link has never really had any reason to dwell on how small he was, but he felt it intensly now as Ghirahim encircled him with long limbs and a strong body.
When was the last time he was held this way?
It must have not been since he was a child...
It was more relaxing then it should gave been, seeing as his blood was being feasted on and he was in a grip he probably wouldn't be able to get out of, not to mention the ridiculously loud sounds that resulted from this, but Link couldn't help it.
Their bond certainly wasn't helping with the feelings Ghirahim was projecting.
Link didn't know how long it had been, but he could hear his heart in his ears over the sounds of Ghirahim and his vision was beggining to haze.
He tried not to focus on anything else he was feeling and instead brought his thought to whether or not Ghirahim would know when to stop without being told.
It should be fine, he had a red potion, but it was in his chest at the foot of his bed.
"Ghirahim-"
Link didn't realize he was having a hard time breathing until he had to say Ghirahim's name, which was promptly ignored.
A growl resounded as he went to raise his arm, but even that felt difficult and he abandoned the motion.
So Ghirahim wouldn't be rational enough to stop.
Though, it was his own fault, wasn't it?
He should have been more attentive to Ghirahim's needs.
How did he get Ghirahim to stop without him going feral?
Link could only come up with one thing.
Their Master and Servant bond.
Link didn't like to think of it like that, as if Ghirahim was just a being created to serve whoever he was bound to, as if Fi was his weapon and nothing more...
But that's what it was, and Link was the Master.
He reached for their bond.
"Enough Ghirahim."
Two words caused a switch to happen.
Ghirahim was no longer the dominating force around them, it was Link who was taking control.
Ghirahim came back to his senses almost immediately and pulled back both physically and in their bond he had saturated with his feelings.
If Link had time, he would have been angry at how easy it had been to command Ghirahim, but he didn't.
Link's hand went to his shoulder with a wince as he messily clambered off of his bed.
"Master-"
Link cut the word off by accidently banging the lid of his chest open and reaching for his pouches, pulling out his bottle or red potion.
Guilt swirled in their bond.
Link didn't feel his hands were strong enough to yank the cork from the bottle and didn't want to make a fool of himself trying, so he uncorked it with his teeth before brushing his hair and tugging his shirt collar to the side.
He used a third of the bottle to stop the blood that sluggishly was still seeping from Ghirahim's surprisingly deep bite, and then he drank what was remaining and set his bottle to the side.
Link rolled his shoulder and resolutely did not wince as he felt an ache.
His hand reached up to feel the punctures were sealing over but left the scars as they always did.
Damn, his shirt was wet.
Feeling less like he was about to faint, he looked up to see Ghirahim looming worried, also thoroughly chastised, but as if Link had snapped at him harshly.
Link sighed and rubbed his shoulder.
"Listen Ghirahim, I admittedly don't know anything about Demon's, so you're going to need to be the one that brings the things you need up to me."
It looked like Ghirahim was going to protest, so Link held up a finger, stopping him lightly.
"Seeing this, it's clear you've been deprived, I suppose it's my fault for not bringing it up again, but you should also have not sat back and did nothing. That's not how things work with me Ghirahim."
Link thought Ghirahim would know this by now, but then again, he had been subservient longer then Link could probably count.
It wasn't easy to change.
"Tell me when you feel you need blood next, now that we've done this once I will know what to expect and you won't be so...fervent."
Link probably couldn't blush at the moment because of the blood just drained from his body.
Link shook his head lightly.
"I've never done this with a mortal...at least not one that I wasn't going to kill."
Ghirahim licked his lips, but Link could still see a smudge of blood on his cheek.
"I don't particularly consider you a mortal...I forgot you are still human."
Link raised an eyebrow at that.
"You don't consider me a mortal?"
Link asked, Ghirahim paused for a moment, but gave a nod after a few seconds.
"Master...all the trials you have been through, the ones I put you through and the ones you've found on your own...don't you think its hard to believe one measly mortal conquered them all?
Not to mention, you weilded a power of the gods, and then you beat the Demon King.
He was weakened granted, but all logic dictated he should have crushed you easily.
You're so powerful, it's hard to see you as a single mortal, seeing what you've done."
Link's never really thought of it like that before.
"After fighting all of those monsters, it's hard for me to think of myself as anything but human.
All of the fighting, the traveling...it's showed me how weak we humans really are and how easily things can be broken."
Link looked at the back of his hand.
"Nothing shows you your humanity like almost dying, and I've been on the brink of death more times then I care to admit."
Link didn't really like to think of how many times he had been within a hairs distance of death.
It made him weary...
Link lowered his hands to the side.
"Well, I'm no God, nor am I a monster, but maybe you're right, after everything, maybe I'm not really human either..."
Link gave a wry smile.
"All that's left is something twisted and better off alone."
Those first few months after it was over...
He did settle outside of the village for a reason.
"It doesn't really matter I guess."
Link didn't realize how much worry his words caused Ghirahim until he looked up and saw the sad look on his face.
He gave a smile to his Sword Spirit, everything was okay.
"All that matters is that we're alive, right?"
Ghirahim opened his mouth, but Link didn't really want to hear what came next, not with the sad tone Ghirahim was going to speak in, so he crossed the distance between them and held his finger to Ghirahim's lips, hushing him.
Then he wiped off the smudge of blood on Ghirahim's face.
"Do you need more?"
Link asked, Ghirahim shook his head, snapping out of his daze as Link pulled his hand away.
"I will be fine for a little while."
"Okay."
Link then stepped away and turned.
Ghirahim's hand caught his sleeve before he could get father.
Though, when Link turned, it seemed like the Sword Spirit changed his mind and found something different to say.
"You should change your shirt."
Link nodded.
Link had a minor conflict with himself.
He didn't really sent to change in front of Ghirahim.
Sure he had changed plenty of times when the Spirit was in his sword, but he couldn't really see like that, it was more of sensing things.
He knew because Fi told him.
Link remembered the days when he didn't have to worry about it.
Ghirahim released him.
Link didn't have very many clothes, he didn't really like buying clothes.
So when he reached into his armoir, he pulled out his old outfit, the one he wore before starting his adventure and began wearing green.
Then he pulled of his shirt, feeling Ghirahim be colored by surprise.
"Does this look like the body of a God to you?"
Link asked, feeling Ghirahim's eyes rake over his large collection of scars over his back.
"I bleed and I scar..."
Link thought about whether to continue, but after a moment he decided to, because Ghirahim already knew, partly anyway.
"As for the power of the Gods, it was made specifically so their kind could not wield it. I mean, it wasn't easy for me to obtain, not in the slightest...I might have grabbed it myself, but in the end, it's still borrowed power."
Link glanced at the back of his hand, the evidence had been seared into it, though it was so faint it was hardly noticeable unless in direct bright light.
Link shook his head slightly and put on his clothes.
"Besides, who would want to be a God?"
Link said as he rolled his shoulder.
"It sounds much to troublesome. I'm the hero after the dust settles, but really, all I want is to sleep all day and eat good food and be left alone for the most part. I was never really social before, but now...I think I'm tired. I can't imagine how a God would feel at the end of the day."
Link straightened his sash.
He turned and gave Ghirahim a small smile.
"Well, it probably doesn't help that I loved to sleep in half the day before this all happened.
I guess it's why I'm so lazy now."
Link then stretched.
"You've been through a lot to Ghirahim, maybe you should take a step back and relax to. It's nice."
Link then turned to find breakfast.
Ghirahim could follow if he wanted to.
Link gave a slightly puzzled smile to the breakfast assembled for him, but he realized that's why Ghirahim must have woken him.
He felt fondness and sat down.
"Thank you."
Link murmered before he began eating.
"Why was it made that way?"
Ghirahim asked.
Link set his hand on the table and slid it to his left, putting it in direct sunlight where the faintest sign of the Triforce remained.
"It was designed so their own kind couldn't use the Triforce, there's no set reason why, though I believe it is to give hope to the mortal races."
"You've never asked her grace?"
Link thought very carefully about those words before he answered.
"Even now, her memories are...fragmented. She doesn't have most of them, what she has now are really what she needed to know in order to win the war and things pertaining to it, but not much else."
Ghirahim didn't seem to surprised by that information, but then Link felt a sharp idea followed by careful curiosity.
"Do...you have your memories from that life?"
And that was the question Link didn't want to be asked, but he looked at the back of his hand.
"No. I don't have those memories...after Demise was gone though, sometimes I get the feelings of how things used to be and know they are true, but nothing more then that."
"Do you want them?"
Link gave a small huff and put his hands together, covering the Triforce.
"No. If I had his memories, I couldn't be him and yet I wouldn't be me...whoever that Champion was, it's not me."
Link knew they weren't the same people.
"You have an interesting outlook on things."
Ghirahim said after a few moments.
"I've only been around those who want power, and yet you have no want for it, even after having a taste of what it feels like."
Ghirahim said quietly.
"Do you still want power, Ghirahim?"
Link asked, keeping his eyes on the table.
There was quiet for a long time, but Link didn't sense the answer was a yes, or that it was as simple as a yes or no answer, so he was content to wait until Ghirahim had organized his thoughts.
Link shifyed guys eyes as Ghirahim approached him and kneeled, bowing his head, he was close but didn't touch Link.
"Power is what every good Demon should want, but I've been controlled by it for millenia and I've seen that power didn't save Demise, who was our God and King...defeated by a mortal. No, I don't want power."
Link watched Ghirahim carefully, he didn't move.
"Alright, if you don't want power, then what do you want?"
Link asked gently.
"I will follow your will. You wish to remain peaceful, so I will do my best to ensure you are undisturbed."
Link felt a flair of exasperation and reached out to hold the Demon's face and tilt it up, making Ghirahim meet his eyes.
"No Ghirahim, I asked what you wanted."
Ghirahim looked surprised, as if it hadn't occurred to him to think about what he himself wanted.
"You are free now, to do or think whatever you want. I'm glad that you've decided to stay here with me, but what do you want now that you're here?"
Ghirahim stared blankly for several seconds before the question truly sunk in, then the Sword Spirit went into deep thought.
"I am not sure. It's been a very long time since I've had autonomy and what I do has...changed very much."
Link gave a small nod.
"It's okay to not know right now, but think on it."
Ghirahim nodded.
"Master, what happens next?"
Link shrugged.
"Whatever we want."
"That is a worrisome thing?"
Link raised an eyebrow.
"How?"
"There's to many options...to many choices."
Link gave a small huff.
"You don't have to choose just one."
Ghirahim fell silent in thought.
"Then for now, my only wish is to be by your side."
Link nodded.
"Then stay."
It was quiet for awhile.
Link didn't know what would happen to them, but there was no longer anything to fight so there wouldn't be any danger.
Though, the matter of Ghirahim's heart being healed is a different kind of challenge to be faced.
For now being with each other was enough.
For now.
But everything else was a worry for later.