Chapter 1: The Beach Dig

Once upon a time there was a beach dig to attempt to discover an ancient artifact, this was powerful enough to use the sunlight to show where the ancient treasure lies. My father gave me a map which shows where the artifact needed to be placed if I ever came across the saught after object, just in case I was lucky enough to unearth this piece of history. I'm Jack and I will be taking you with me and you will see the events that will happen during my summer holiday. It all started on a baking hot Friday morning on my 11th birthday and I just opened my last present from my parents, it was a metal detector! This will help me locate the artifact on the beach if I'm lucky. This stupendous piece of equipment was all I wanted, 20m deep metal detection, that hopeful beep indicating you have found something just to get your hopes up a little bit. The handle was sparkling, stainless steel, with a leather grip so it's comfy for my delicate hands to perch on. Enough about the design, I could go on all day about it but it was time for me to go to school, it was the last day of school before the summer holidays, I was hoping that we were not going to be doing much work today as it's the last day of course. I took the bus to school with my two best friends Christian and Larry, I have known them for a very long time as they don't live too far away from me and I am in the same classes as them. If I ever found the artifact, I would love to go on the adventure with Larry and Christian as they are always around and we have the best times together.
Christian was taller than me and Larry and always has been the tallest in all our classes, he also does MMA fighting in his spare time so he's a great friend to have. Larry, my other friend, he was great with technology, this is very useful as almost everything requires tech these days and he has fixed almost everything that I have given him when I have broken it, these two together have a great skillset. When you add me, Jack into this group, I am the sporty one, always exercising, playing football, going out for runs and cycles to keep in shape, endurance, fighting experience and someone who can fix any gadget, I think we would be unstoppable on the adventure, we just have to find that artifact.

"Jack, what do you think we are going to do in lessons today then?" Christian said

"I think that we will not be doing much work, maybe a practical lesson in science, then we have PE which is practical anyway and then in English we will probably just watch a film! That would be the perfect end to the year!" I said with excitement, that was a very hopeful day.

"I would love that to happen, but it seems too good to be true, I wouldn't mind one normal lesson but if it is a normal day I would probably fall asleep by the end of the day." Larry replied.

"Well whatever happens, I'm going to the beach later to try out my new metal detector!" I couldn't wait for school to end.

"Ahh your so lucky! I can't go I'm busy after school, good luck finding that artifact!" Christian said looking jealous.

"I can't go either, me and my dad are making something later, it's called extendo limbs! I'm making extendable arms and legs to attach to my original limbs so I can reach further and be taller for once!" Larry spoke while giggling, wishing he was as tall as someone like Christian.

"Oh well, I will send you a message if I do find the artifact!" We got to school, we left the bus in single file, saying thanks to the bus driver as we passed. As we walked through the gates we are greeted by the headmaster...

"Good morning you three! Glad to see you're nice and early for the final day of term, Jack sort that tie out, will you ever learn how to do it properly!" Already on my back as soon as I arrived, however my tie was quite scruffy,

"Yes after today, the holidays begin!" Christian said with a smile on his face.

"Yeah we are going to do so much this summer! All the creations I will be making, so many ideas in my head!" Larry continued also excited for summer understandably.