Chapter 3: The Adventure begins

Once they shot me back up the pipe, returning to reality, I rushed home as quickly as possible to fetch the map on my desk, this showed the location that the artifact needed to be placed to shine the light directly to the treasure! I analysed the map, looking at the marked locations, looking at the dotted line leading to the treasure. First I had to venture though the caustic caverns, this location consisted of toxic gas, bubbling though cracks in the surface, the map says... BEWARE OF CAUSTIC CAVERNS, TOXIC TAINTED GAS, TAKE CAUTION! BRING A MASK TO BEST YOUR CHANCE OF SURVIVAL! where was I going to find a gas mask? Well I will make sure to find one. Next location was the swamp, the map described this location as follows.... SLOSHING, SLOPPY SWAMP! A BOG WITH A GUT WRENCHING STENCH! TRAVERSE THE TREES FROM ABOVE TO TRIUMPH! ONE FALSE MOVE COULD FIND YOU IN THE BOG! AN ESSENTIAL ITEM WOULD BE A GRIPPY PAIR OF GLOVES TO GRIP TO THE TREES! Better start writing a list of all the items I need for each location:
First location: caustic caverns! Bring a mask to shield the gas!
Second location: sloppy swamp! Bring grippy gloves to grasp the trees and avoid the bog!
Now there is one final location, it goes by the name of treacherous tundra. The maps description states: TREACHEROUS TUNDRA, THIS WILL BE THE LAST PLACE YOU SEEK, YET THE DEADLIEST! WATCH FOR FALLING GLACIERS WHEN PASSING THROUGH THIS PLACE. EXTREMELY TREACHEROUS CONDITIONS WILL REQUIRE YOU TO WRAP UP EXTREMELY WARM TO SURVIVE THE COLD! AN ESSENTIAL ITEM WOULD BE A GRAPPLING HOOK TO CLIMB TO THE TOP OF THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN, THIS IS WHERE THE ARTIFACT SHALL REST UPON, THE PEAK OF THE MOUNTAIN!
Well that is another thing to add to the list, a grappling hook? How am I supposed to get these items? I will have to figure this out.

"The first item, a gas mask, who would I know that has a gas mask... I will have to find that out on my own but first.it was time to go to my grandfathers house, my grandad  was a soldier in the war he fought for the country and I was always wanting to hear his stories and the memories he had in action!"  I headed straight for my grandfather's house, I wondered what he was going to talk about this time...

*KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!* Three chimes on the spruce doorframe from the delicate hands of my 12 year old self.
"Grandad! Grandad! Come quick! I'm excited to hear about what wonderful story you are going to tell me about today!" I shout, so he can hear me though the door.
"My grandson! I have a great story to tell you, you must be eager you came here so fast!" I shout as he is half deaf in one ear.

"Yes I am! I always want to hear about your time In the war, what are we talking about today? Combat? I love when you get into a fight!" I said jumping up and down, still very energetic even though I ran.

" No, no fighting In this story, actually, maybe a little, this story is about my days in the sky! I was a pilot as well as a soldier we were taught how to fly and fight all at once to prepare for anything that happened.tk the soldiers and if one of us had to fill a role!" My grandad said, he sounded passionate about his flying days.

"Ooh this sounds interesting grandad! I want to hear more!" I exclaimed.

"Yes it was very exciting indeed, you would sometimes even get into intense battles while flying, pointing guns out of the windo, I had to fly with one hand on the wheel! It was exhilarating! Oh, where are my manners, would you like something to drink while you stay? Get comfortable, what would you like Jack?" He said, my grandad was always very polite to everyone he sees.

"Yes I would please, what do you have if you don't mind me asking?"

"Well you're in luck just restocked, you can have, tea, coffee, apple juice orange juice or I could make you a banana smoothie! How does that sound?"

"Yes! A banana smoothie sounds great thanks!"

"Banana smoothie it is! Won't be long, wait there"

While I waited I went for a stroll round my grandad's house, it was single story but there were many rooms as he collected lots of memorabilia from everywhere he had traveled to in his life. The first room was a room for all of his items he saved from his time in the war. He had a forest green army suit with badges of honor pinned onto the left breast pocket. There was an army helmet with his initials engraved on it (T.A) sir Thomas Anderson, my grandfather. To the left there was a cabinet for his weapons, a dagger, a marksman rifle, and a small pistol. , he displayed these items in glass cabinets to keep them nice and to see them easily. Swiftly moving on he kept an entire room of postcards that he has received from all over the world, from places like, Peru, Uganda, USA, Papua New Guinea and even from Russia. These postcards were sent from all of his old friends in the army writing about their lives out of action, I found this very interesting, let's give one a read...