Chapter 1: A New Land

Liam's POV

            I was dismayed to find out the zombie apocalypse has begun. I had to go get my bestest friends and bring them safely over a populated area, the school. I stole my mom's keys and jumped into our chevy traverse and sped down martha blvd with Toni on the roof of the car. "Toni dang it what the heck! Get in!" I said stubbornly. I stopped the chevy and waited patiently as she got in the shotgun seat. "Let's play some tunes." Toni said with a toothy smile."Okay kooky," I said winking. I pressed the button for the radio and Highway Don't Care blasted. We sped past prentice road and went straight to Moma's. "Who's that ginger girl over there?" I asked surprised."I think it's Cleo Argenti and her twin sister Anna Argenti." Toni replied with a cheeky smile.

'Wow that Anna is a dime." I said as my face turned bright red.

"What about Cleo?" Toni asked curiously.

"Who?" I asked politely. My brows furrowed as I wondered who she was.

"Nevermind." Toni replied.

            We stopped at Moma's house "Get in!" We shouted and then beeped the horn completely forgetting sound attracts zombies. Moma got in the back, slammed the car door and screamed "GO!"

           All of a sudden Amber came hurling towards the car and yelling something but we could not quite make out the words so moved on. We sped back down prentice road again on our way to mike spits' house.

Mike was screaming as Elaine was trying to eat her way through the door. I took my mini katana and hurled it towards her head. I sliced the chink's head clean off. Mike ran to the car.

 "Thank you guys," he said red-faced and out of breath.

We sped past prentice road for the third time and headed straight for the school. "Should we go pick up Chloe and Annalise?" Moma asked.

"Who?" I replied not knowing who they were.

"They're my best friends and I will not go on without them!" Moma exclaimed.

"Im not taking in any strangers. They could be a threat to all of our well-being and survival."

"but-," Moma said shakily.

"It's either us or it's them. There are no buts or questions asked, got me!?" I grunted angrily at Moma for being so naïve.

"Gummy Bear, don't you think you're being a little harsh?" Mike said with a nervous look on his face. 

           I stopped the car turned around and yelled at Mike, "Get out of my car now!" He exited the car and we drove off. Toni looked back in the distance to see Mike being attacked by the zombies of Mya and Kathleen. As Chloe saw this, she flipped off her roof and landed on her feet and ran over and chopped both zombies heads clean off. Sadly she was too late. Mike had already been bitten on both arms and his neck. Chloe looked up the street at our car moving away, shook her head and did a backflip over the fence back into her yard.

"Oh, well that sucks." Moma said a little disappointed that her close friend since childhood had just been eaten by a ravenous Mya and Kathleen.

           I kept driving the car stopping for no one as we arrived at the school. I was surprised to see that there had been many people that had beat us here. Some including Amanpreet, Sam Oh, Richard Moyne, Billy, and a few others. I slammed the door shut as we made our way into the school. Pushing open the heavy door,I held open for Moma but purposely closed it on Toni. She rolled her brown eyes at me and glared as I reopened the door. I stepped up the gray cement steps as I inhaled the scent of mold. The acrid smell made me want to run out but I had to go on.