"Chang!"

But Mark couldn't stop her. Sage ran past him. She could hear people screaming, but she couldn't focus. She didn't know what she was doing, she just knew she had to run. She didn't know where she was running to, but she just kept going.

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

      HER FEET CARRIED her to the O.R. floor. Her breathing was labored and her legs burned, but she couldn't stop. She'd been paging Alex, Meredith, and Cristina, trying to see if they were ok, but none of them were responding.

You'd think she was begging to be shot with the way she was walking around alone during a shooting, but she needed to find them. Meredith was pregnant, Alex was a helpless hothead, and Cristina...Well, Cristina could handle herself but Sage still worried.

Tears streamed down her cheeks as she ran down the hall. She froze when she heard footsteps coming towards her. She made a move for the storage closet but the door was locked.

She was going to die.

"Please don't!" she pleaded, squeezing her eyes shut. "I—I have a brother and—"

Owen's calm voice cut her off.

"Chang, it's okay," he said, raising his hands as he stepped forward. "You're okay."

Sage opened her eyes and saw Owen and Teddy wheeling a patient out of an O.R.

"Are you okay?" Teddy asked.

Owen took a step forward but Sage shook her head and stepped back.

"Don't. Don't, don't. I—I'm not..." She trailed off, her chest heaving.

"Hey, it's ok," Owen told her.

"Avery." Teddy knocked on the door to the scrub room.

Jackson stepped into the hall, a confused look on his face.