"Oh, Teddy," Cristina muttered, checking her own.

"Derek," Meredith said, looking up with a look of concern on her face.

"Are you gonna tell him now?" Sage asked, furrowing her brows.

"Yeah," Meredith said, but she sounded unsure. She turned to Cristina and changed the subject. "How is the Teddy and Owen thing going?"

"Oh, fantastic. It's going great," Cristina said quickly. "I'm completely over it." She sighed deeply and placed a hand on Meredith's shoulder. "This is very adult."

"Yeah, I'm really proud of you, Mere," Sage added, grabbing her hand.

"I'm proud of me too?" she laughed, her eyebrows scrunched together.

"Yes, yes," Cristina said. They all laughed before going their separate ways.

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

      THE SOUND OF pagers going off filled the room. Sage raised an eyebrow as she realized there was a lockdown.

"Are you kidding me?" she muttered to herself. She had to do Arizona's post-ops, and she didn't have time for this. She glanced up from her pager and saw Mark talking with Lexie at the nurse's station. She walked over to them to ask him what was going on when Gary Clark began walking up the stairs.

"Sir, you can't be in this area," Nurse Vivian told him. "The hospital is in—"

Vivian was cut off when Gary raised a gun and shot her.

Sage froze in fear. The world around her seemed to slow down and the sound of the gunshots were ringing in her ears. The only thought running through her mind was 'run'.

But before she could, Mark grabbed her arm and pulled her and Lexie onto the ground, behind the nurse's station. Her head was pounding as she quickly scrambled to her feet and ran.