𝟎𝟏

01

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

                   𝓣rue to his word, Gojo didn't show up to the library after your detention with Rōshi where he was also absent from. It shouldn't surprise you but somehow it did, he told you he wouldn't be there and put all the work on you as if it was beneath him. Luckily, the librarian didn't have that much work to do and let you go after an hour of organizing the new books by author.

The sun was setting when you exited the school. You immediately see your mother's old car parked outside waiting for you. She was one of the few parents who would come to pick up their child personally, the rest would usually send their nannies or chauffeur to do the job. Though your mother picking you up isn't normal either, she usually works all day and doesn't get off until you and your brother are in bed. Today, it was her day off and she didn't want you to take the train if she could help it. "Hi, honey. How was tutoring?" she asks when you get into the passenger seat and buckle up.

Despite not having much money, your mother decided you having a phone was a must since she wasn't around much and needed to have a way to always contact you. After Gojo's little talk, you texted to let her know that you were attending tutoring sessions. It was a lie made up for nothing, you were confident that you wouldn't get in trouble had she known the full story, but now, looking into her tired eyes you were glad that this wasn't another thing she had to worry about. "It was great. Rōshi says I'm getting the hang of it quickly," you say with a smile.

"Of course you are, you're only the smartest girl ever." she reaches over the console to pinch your cheek then boop your nose which makes it scrunch and she laughs. You relish in the heavenly sound and the soft touch of her fingertips that are gone too soon. "But don't feel the need to overwork yourself now y/n," she grips your chin gently to make you face her. Your transferring wasn't something your mother was jumping up and down for. Not because she didn't want you to have the best, but because she's seen what trying to be the best can do to someone and did not want to object you to trying to reach their unattainable demands. She also admired you for taking on the challenge.

You take a moment to look at her. Suki l/n is a mid-twenties single mother of two who works over forty hours a week to make ends meet with a smile on her face. She took any time away from work to be with you and Yasu which meant she left no time for herself and she was content that way. It's because of her that you don't mind working hard, she's a real hard worker in your eyes. "I'm not overworking myself," you tell her in a gentle tone that would reassure her nerves. You wish you could tell her the same but what do you know about making money? Nothing yet.

"Just to make sure I think we should get some ice cream." she says in a firm tone and looks at you with a raised brow, "Any objections?"

You shake your head. "I did have a pretty long day today." you sigh dramatically but it wasn't too far from the truth, your encounters with Gojo were off-putting, to say the least.