Food fight

Anthony awoke the following morning, his gaze fixed upon the ceiling as he gathered the strength required to rise from bed. He could hear his brother conversing with someone at the door. It turned out to be Val, the warden. Anthony nervously got up and walked towards the living room, only to witness his brother yelling at the warden from behind the door.
"I know you have food in stock! Give us something, goddammit!" Johnathan snarled. "I don't know, I don't really feel like it." Val shrugged outside the door as he spun a ring of keys around his finger with a lackluster attitude.
"There's food in stock...?" Anthony asked quietly behind Johnathan. Jonathan whipped around, his eyes blazing with anger.
"Where the hell have you been? Sleeping in again, while I'm here trying to get us some food?" he hissed. Anthony flinched but stood his ground.
"I was just asking a question," he replied calmly. Jonathan rolled his eyes.
"Well, the answer is no. The warden is being a stubborn asshole as usual." Anthony nodded, understanding the situation. They had been in quarantine for four months now, and resources were running low. The warden had control over all the food and supplies, and he wasn't exactly generous with them.
"I'll go talk to him," Anthony said, taking a deep breath. Jonathan grabbed his arm, his grip tight.
"No, let me handle this," he said through gritted teeth.
"Just stay here and don't cause any trouble." Anthony nodded, knowing that his brother was the one with the charisma and charm to possibly convince the warden to provide them with food. He knew they couldn't survive much longer without proper sustenance.
"At least we got to eat yesterday," Anthony said in a plain tone.
"And we weren't SUPPOSED TO!" Jonathan snapped at his younger brother in annoyance. Anthony went quiet for a moment before speaking,
"Well, sorry, but I was hungry!" Anthony yelled back. Not as loud, but definitely as frustrated with how his brother was acting. Anthony marched his way back to their bedroom and laid in his bed. He was tired anyways. When he fell asleep, he dreamed of the past. The old days. the old days before these horrid apartments.