"We will do as I have commanded. Have Kazuto prepare the men, I will leave within the hour," he announced, and he grit his teeth, for though he was a valued advisor to the young lord, he was still an advisor and the final say would always lie with the young lord himself.

"Akihito, listen to me. You have no heir and are the pillar that holds our forces together. You are like the King in shogi, and only an idiot ever lets his King step into the foray," he tried, but the young lord was unmoved.

"You doubt me too much," he announced, sounding more impassive and colder as he looked at him.

He grits his teeth as he accepts defeat, yet even then, he wouldn't let him go on like this.

"Then let me write to Lord Chiba, with him allying with us we could force Lord Sakazuki to divide his whole force, he could attack him from the side, buying us enough time," he offered as he moved the two general pieces from Chiba lands into the Norther's front's side.

"You know I have already made my decision regarding this," the young Lord announced as he stood up, making him grit his teeth.

"Damn it! Just listen to me, Akihito, and don't be so stubborn!" he shouted at the young lord, who, without answering him, began to move out of the room.

"I need to make preparations," he called out as the door closed in behind them.

And in his rage and frustration Gin punched the table as he shouted.

"That damned idiot!" he cursed the young Lord for his stubbornness as the table cracked into two.

"Gin-sama," a demure voice from the side cut in, breaking him out of his trance as he looked to the side and found Lady Miyuki staring at him with a frown.

Yes, my lady," he replied after a gulp, knowing that he had debased himself enough for today, though if they all died in a few days, he doubted his honor or mannerism would matter much.

"Why is Akihito-san against an alliance with Lord Chiba?" she questioned, startling him, and he looked towards Nakiri-san by her side, who gave him a nod, beckoning him to tell her the truth.

"Lord Chiba has sought an alliance with young Lord Akihito for some time now, and to cement that alliance, he has proposed a match between young Lord Akihito and his sole daughter," he replied and saw her eyes widen.

"That means..."

"Yes," Nakiri-san cut in from the side.

"Lord Akihito refuses this because he made a promise to you that he would not take another wife, and while under normal times none would begrudge either of you this, in these times for a lord in his situation, the truth is that he cannot fight all his enemies with a hand tied behind his back," Nakiri-san added and he saw Lady Miyuki gulp at those words her eyes moving to trace the lines of wood on the floor as silence reigned through the room.

Then, he noticed her eyes sharpen as she glanced up into his eyes as she began.

"Then would Lord Chiba be satisfied even if his daughter is but a second wife?" she questioned, and he nodded as he frowned.

"Of course, my lady. An offer came even after your marriage to the lord, but he refused it," he replied.

The Princess then halted and he saw her mind race as she stood there and stared at the map of their territories, her fists clenched around the fabric of her kimono until her demeanor shifted as she replied in a resolute voice.

"Write to Lord Chiba and tell him that Lord Akihito accepts the match for an alliance between our two lands!" Lady Miyuki announced, and he was struck by her words, unable to believe them.