Chapter 3

The next morning I woke up and stared at the ceiling for a couple minutes.  I then got up out of bed and walked to the shower or basically waterfall.  I took off my clothes and walked into the water.  I started washing my hair and washing the dirt off my feet.  I heard a sound, like a knock.  Was someone knocking on my door?  I couldn't hear anything from the water. Most likely, it was nothing. As I carried on cleaning my body, I heard a creak. When I turned around, the door had been opened by Cylest. Panicked, I stumbled and fell, and Cylest slammed the door.

I believe we were embarrassed together. I think she assumed I was still asleep. My butt aches from the fall. "ow." The pain forced me to stand and place my hand on my butt.  I changed after getting out of the shower. I entered the kitchen after opening the door. Sitting at the table with a cup of tea, Cylest appeared anxious. I could feel the embarrassment rising to my cheeks.

"Hey, I'm sorry about what happened. I didn't realize you were taking a shower." Cylest apologized .

I tried not to make eye contact by looking to the side. To comfort myself, I placed my hand on my other arm and rubbed it. "That's alright." I gave a response. 

It was okay, really. Cylest had just seen my entire body, so even though it was an accident, it was embarrassing. Cylest got up and came over to me. She came to a stop in front of me, she took my hand off my arm and put it into hers, expressing how bad she felt.

"I am deeply sorry for any discomfort I may have caused you; is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" Glancing at me, she said.

At last, I looked Cylest in the eye. Cylest had the most exquisite eyes. a vivid orange, similar to what one might see at dusk. You could tell she took excellent care of herself because of her glowing skin.

"Maya?" Catching my attention, Cylest said.

I didn't even consider answering her question because I was too preoccupied examining the way she looked.

"No, there is nothing you have to do! It was an accident." I reassured her.

Cylest had a grin on her face and I could tell that she noticed me observing her. My cheeks began to heat up. I ignored it, moved past Cylest, and sat down at the table, putting my hand around the mug. I looked up from the mug to find Cylest staring at me with her large pupils. Her expression conveyed a sense of fascination towards me. Resuming my gaze, I raised my mug to my lips and took a sip. It had a hint of sweetness and was warm. I looked at Cylest as I sat the mug down. She was gulping down the tea from the mug. She had to be parched.

A creak caught my attention, so I turned to look behind me to see where it came from. Cylest's bedroom door opened. The door closed slowly and rain had woken up.

"Good morning sleepy head." Cylest said.

Rain rubbed her eyes "good morning." With a slight smile, Rain spoke softly.

Rain approached the table and took a seat beside us. Cylest rose and went to the kitchen, returning a moment later with a plate and an additional mug. In front of the rain, she set down the plate and mug. There were eggs, biscuits with gravy, and orange juice in the mug. Cylest entered the kitchen again and emerged holding two plates. After placing one in front of me, she moved back to her chair and placed the plate there. I looked down at the plate which had the same things as rain. gravy-topped biscuits with eggs on the side. I raised my gaze to Cylest. She was eating already.  She wore her hair in a messy ponytail. She looked great in the messy ponytail. I grinned a little, and Cylest gave me a look. She was aware that I was staring at her. With a quick glance down, I grabbed my fork and we began eating together.

We all went to our rooms to get ready to leave for Azalea in search of the second soul after we had finished our meal. Reaching for my bag by the door, I began packing. I had food, a water bottle, a map, extra knives, and extra arrows. I lifted my bag above my head, clinging to its strap. I knelt to retrieve my bow and the arrows leaning against the wall. I put the bow and the small bag carrying my arrows over my head as well. I glanced down the hallway as I opened my door. With a sigh, I headed to the front door to wait for Cylest. Cylest and Rain made their way to the door. Confusion struck me: was she taking rain?