𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲

As you lay in bed, thoughts of Atsumu's word echoed in your mind like a relentless drumbeat.

"I do actually have someone I like,"

his words replayed, followed by the haunting declaration,

"A special someone."

Each repetition sent a wave of overthinking crashing over you,
drowning you in a sea of confusion and hurt.

'Who could it be?'

The question gnawed at your insides, twisting your heart with a pang of unexpected pain.

But then reality snapped back,
hitting you like a ton of bricks.

"That's literally the other person," you reasoned aloud,
the words falling flat in the quiet of your room.
Panic rose within you as you grappled with the realization.

No, it couldn't be. You and Atsumu were just friends, mere acquaintances who had crossed paths barely a week ago.

"I have never been bothered like this before!" you exclaimed, frustration bubbling to the surface as you clung to your pillow, seeking solace in its soft embrace.

How could someone as typical as Atsumu Miya stir up such tumultuous emotions within you?
And why did the thought of him harboring feelings for someone else sting so deeply?

You tossed and turned, unable to find respite from the whirlwind of emotions raging within you.

The sound of your phone vibrating on the nightstand broke through the silence, pulling you back to reality.

With a sigh, you fumbled for your phone amidst the clutter of your messy bed, answering the call and putting it on speaker.

"H-hello," you greeted softly.

"Y/n!"

"S-Suna!"

"Hello, Y/n! Did I disturb you?" Suna's voice came through the phone, breaking the tension in the air.

"Nah, so what's up?" you replied, grateful for the distraction.

"Uh, so let's hang out tomorrow. You free?" Suna proposed.

"Sure, I also have nothing to do," you agreed, relief washing over you at the prospect of spending time with a friend.

"Cool. I'll text you the location. Bye," Suna said, ending the call with a finality that left you feeling oddly reassured.

"Bye-bye," you echoed, hanging up the phone and sinking back into your bed. With Suna's invitation in mind, you closed your eyes and willed yourself to sleep,
hoping that dreams would offer some reprieve from the tumultuous thoughts that plagued your mind.

»❀«

"Wow, that's really impressive,"
you compliment, genuinely amazed by Suna's achievement of being on such a top-notch team in high school.

"Mm-hm," he hums, taking a sip of his iced coffee.

"That's where I met Atsumu and Kita," Suna continues,
sharing more about his past.